underfloor heating manifold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
this is probably a silly question but its my own house installation and I'm just double checking everything.

On all the literature I have from the underfloor heating store the pump and mixing valve is mounted on the left side of the manifold
I want to mount the pump and mixing valve on the right due to space constraints and wanted to check this was OK.
I phoned the technical helpline and they told me no as I would be mounting the pump upside down ???
so
anyone advise me please
the photo shows the intention . move the manifold assembly to the left and mount the pump and mixing valve on the right. as the wall on the left of the photo is coming down eventually

sorry if it seems a daft question. I can't see how it would be different but perhaps it is and I am missing something ???

GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
thanks for that Dan
As I said logically I couldn't see any reason to panic but when the people selling the kit told me about voiding warranties and upside down pumps I began to wonder if I was missing something

Ta again

Iain

As you long as you get the pump the right was round and the flow and returns correctly fitted it will be fine.... the manifolds are just big tubes with holes drilled in the sides.

Sponsored Links
Looking at the picture, when you switch the Pump and mixing valve to the RHS, the control knob will be pointing towards the wall, will threre be sufficient clearance between the manifold and the wall to fit it all in??
adjustment of the mixing valve may be difficult in this orientation :confused:

Looking at the picture, when you switch the Pump and mixing valve to the RHS, the control knob will be pointing towards the wall, will threre be sufficient clearance between the manifold and the wall to fit it all in??
adjustment of the mixing valve may be difficult in this orientation :confused:

Ta.
Bit hard to explain why from the picture but there's a diagonal wall eventually going in from tapering from the front right position to almost the back left. The pump is the deepest part of the installation so to me it made sense to keep it to the RHU. I'd shuffle the manifold unit right to leave a bit more room for pump and mixing valve.

Thanks for the confirmation. It was a bit daft question but the "technical" helpline spookedme !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back