Wobbling loo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I had to get a new loo, and I've installed it, and everything's just fine - except... the floorboards aren't flat, so the loo wobbles a bit. I've put wegdes underneath, but they tend to work loose. (This is all temporary, as I shall have to lift the floorboards later when I change the bath). But what do you suggest as a "final solution" ?

Sponsored Links
just running a bead around the toilet making sure it is touching both the pan and floor, then spray with a light degreasant or Mr muscle or the like, and clean off to a clean line with your finger on to kitchen towel.

toilet wont be going anywhere

Sponsored Links
Thanks, Guys, for your suggestions:-
1. Silicone mastic - surely this is compressible so will only cushion the wobbling, rather than preventing it ?
2. If screws hold it sufficiently to prevent it wobbling, the china at the screw-holes will be under a lot of stress, and the pan will crack or break?

Thanks again

Don't over think it, you've been given sound advice. A bead of silicon around the base will provide more stability.

You can always leave the wedges in place (so long as they are not visible) then mastic as suggested.

As above, i use copper offcuts as wedges, fix with screws as best as you can (i use brass screws with thread tape wrapped round the top part to stop the pan cracking), if its close coupled fix firmly to wall and tighten bolts, then a bead of white mastic, squirt with soapy water, then finish with a credit card or similar (don't use my fingers anymore, ceramic cuts are painfull, and you can't help sticking your finger in your mouth :oops: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back