Connecting up a standpipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,

I've bought a mixer tap and standpipe combo designed to be used with a free standing bath.
http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/Regent-Traditional-Freestanding-Bath-Shower-Mixer-Chrome.aspx
Helpfully the supplied instructions only show how to mount onto a bath - not standpipes (':eek:')

The problem my plumber has is that he can't see how to connect the copper pipe to the tap as there is not enough space to get the coupling in the tube.

Does anyone have any experience of how to connect these? Is there a special coupling adaptor or some sort of tail allowing the coupling to be done under the floorboards?

Cheers,
Huw

View media item 80972 :eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
Victoria Plumb are utter shyte.... almost as bad as Grohe.

But I doubt there is anything special about the threads or pipe sizes.

Tricky to tell what you have there from the photo.

Thanks for replying. Am happy to supply more info if you let me know what would be helpful?

The standpipes are 40mm wide and the plumber says he can't get a coupling in there.

-H

Sponsored Links
Missed you link in the first post - sorry.

Now - are there any o-rings in the "doo-dah"?

What is going on at the bottom of the stand pipe?

Not had the pleasure of working with this cra... sorry, stuff; and your pictures are not very clear so struggling a little.

I had fitted it similar to this. The standpipe is not a waterway, it just there to secure and support tap. Some tap connector will fit inside standpipe, use a 3/4inch to 22mm solder ring, or one of those end feed tap connector will fit inside.

Or try with long flexible tap connector, thought it should come with tap kit. Mine did.

Daniel.

Find tap connector, better end feed solder one, with nut to connect to tap tail just small enough to get inside standpipe tube. Or get a flexible tap connector, there is a 1 metre long, perfect for this job.

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back