Probem with Belling BIM60 microwave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a built-in Belling BIM60 microwave. All was fine until yesterday, went to turn it on and there was just a single click and the light does not go out and it will not do a thing. I cannot find where it is plugged in so at the moment my only way of isolating it from the mains is to switch the mains circuit it is on off, which is the oven circuit incidentally. Once its been switched off at the mains and you turn the mains back on the light is still on and as before when you press start you just get a single click and then nothing.

Any suggestions?

My first instinct was to pull it out as I wanted to switch it off at the wall or unplug it, is it commonplace for the plug to be behind the microwave itself?

But then I am stumped as to how to pull it out, I cannot find an installation manual online or on the Belling website. Again any suggestions?

Thanks as always.

Sponsored Links
OK I have tracked down an installation manual direct from Belling, so that answers that aspect. Thanks in advance.

It sounds like there is a problem with one of the door switches (there are usually about 3). The most common problem with these is a broken plastic hook on the door catch. Microwave repairs, even just to the door, are not a DIY job so you are best to take out the appliance and take it to a repair shop. After any dismantling and re-assembly of the door you need to test for microwave leakage and you won't have the equipment for that.

Sponsored Links
Hi Thanks for the reply, yes am contemplating either bothering worth a repair man or new, seeing as they're not crazy money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back