Shower isolator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

A couple of days ago my Wickes Aquatronic electric shower's neon light went out, as did the neon on the isolator switch. Having done a bit of research online I bought and fitted a new isolator switch today. The neon on both the shower and switch came on and I had a shower. Afterwards, however I've noticed that the power is gone again, and the neon lights are both out.

Any ideas folks? There is no sign of a problem at the consumer unit - nothing appears to have been tripped.

Any help would be very welcome!

Sponsored Links
In addition to the above. I does sound like there is a bad connection somewhere It may be at the switch itself, or somewhere else.

It could be in the consumer unit, or at a joint or some other component in the chain of things that gets volts from your consumer unit to the shower.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies...

I used a 45A switch for the isolator as recommended in the user manual for the shower.

I couldn't see any discolouration on the cables - it all looked pretty good to me. The consumer unit was only fitted a few months ago so I'll give the electrician a call.

I had the same problem, and noticed that shutting down the shower circuit for a few hours allowed the shower to work - but only for a couple of hours.

The sparky insisted the RCBO was fine, but by pure deduction there was nothing else it could have been; replacing it did the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back