Who best to replace electric shower?

Well last year with plumbing I paid £850 inc professional indemnity (for electrical) this yr it dropped to about £350. I was surprised by the amount too and the kitchen taps I replaced certainly didn't warrant that £500 premium!

Sponsored Links
On my PL I have electrician as my main trade and general handyman as a secondary trade. It covers basic plumbing as well as lots of other bits and didn't affect my premium at all. I'm with trade direct and have £5M cover.

Well last year with plumbing I paid £850 inc professional indemnity (for electrical) this yr it dropped to about £350. I was surprised by the amount too and the kitchen taps I replaced certainly didn't warrant that £500 premium!
Hmmm - I see your point. That really doesn't seem to make a lot of sense - unless, perhaps, they were taking into account the fact that you were not a 'qualified' plumber.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I asked my insurance broker if changing an immersion element is covered still without having plumbing cover and was assured as it is an electrical part then it would be.
Ask him if draining the tank so that you can change the element is electrical or plumbing :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back