Steam from Indesit Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am hoping someone can help me please :)
We have an integrated Indesit dishwasher which we have had for 7 years. It has always worked perfectly, until we had new kitchen doors and worktops fitted. Since then, the door doesn't seem to click shut properly and loads of steam escapes from all along the top (lots and lots!!)

Could it be something as silly as not being levelled properly (we didn't do the work ourselves), or could the door need adjusting up somehow? I am presuming its not a split seal as it's across the entire length of the top of the door (and the seals look ok too)?

Not sure how I find out the model number, but any guidance/ideas really would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
Probably just needs a minor adjustment to the door catch but I would complain to the kitchen fitters and get them back.

Thank you for the response.

The kitchen was fitted by a carpenter friend, he did a great job with the units but probably didn't realise the dishwasher had been adjusted slightly.

If anyone has any idea how to adjust the door or catch, it really world be appreciated. :)

The design of catch mechanism varies but a common type has a loop of bent steel bar mounted on the door frame with a central screw you can loosen and adjust the bar inwards or outwards. If this is the sort you have you need to adjust it outwards just enough to make the door click shut like it did before.

Sponsored Links
Thank you fidom.
I've tried that and it still doesn't appear to shut properly...... Seems very loose.

Would it be worth me taking off the wooden door front to see if it shuts without the door on? This one seems heavier than the door we had on it previously.

Many thanks.

Sorry, it seems that if I switch the dishwasher on, then it starts even when the door isn't shut....... So it looks like it thinks the door is already closed. Could this mean it needs a new locking assembly do you think? I don't really want to get anyone out unless I have to, but it has tripped loads of times today, so I am presuming there's something not right :(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back