Windscreen big crack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have put a big crack in my windscreen right where the tax disc sits. I have a peugeot partner van, about 9 yrs old. A threw in a piece of wood a bit too hard and it went crack.

So i understand this will fail the mot in Feb, so does anyone know how much a new windscreen may cost, or a second hand one. Are they easy to replace DIY?

Sponsored Links
Call Autoglass or similar, Trevor......fitting a screen isn't the easiest job!
You'll lose your insurance excess - typically around £60.
Independent fitters will charge around £350 typically.
John :)

Just seen a local guy on ebay offering a new screen fitted for £100. May go for that option. It is cheap where i live. I have also seen my windscreen on ebay supply only for £68 as well.

Check your insurance. My van had a cracked window and the insurance paid for a new one. Didn't lose any NCB.

I wouldn't mess around with it if you can claim. As for DIY, aren't they bonded on these days?

Sponsored Links
If you claim your insurance be aware you're required to declare that claim, just like any others, to future insurers. Maybe it would put next year's premium up, maybe not?

Just seen a local guy on ebay offering a new screen fitted for £100. May go for that option. It is cheap where i live. I have also seen my windscreen on ebay supply only for £68 as well.

Wow - for that price I'd take his hand off :p
Just check the screen is the same i.e no coloured gradient band etc.
The screen will be bonded in, but it may have a rubber surround that makes it look like the traditional fitted type.
John :)

Check your insurance. My van had a cracked window and the insurance paid for a new one. Didn't lose any NCB.

I wouldn't mess around with it if you can claim. As for DIY, aren't they bonded on these days?
Ditto, most should be covered, say nothing about how it was created, mines a £25 excess but no effect on ncb.

Daniel

Sponsored Links
Back