Wifi Extender?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all...

I have a Plusnet router but need to improve the range of the WiFi.

n AP's seem to be the way to go, but has anyone got any recommendations for decent kit, please?

Cheers guys.

Sponsored Links
Buffalo used to be good. Unfortunately I don't know too much about their latest offerings.

They are very tasty and good for hauling ploughs.

But are they good at extending WiFi signals? ;)

Sponsored Links
Netgear stuff seems to be pretty good. You may be able to wangle an extender from your ISP for nowt.

Evening all...

I have a Plusnet router but need to improve the range of the WiFi.

n AP's seem to be the way to go, but has anyone got any recommendations for decent kit, please?

Cheers guys.

Hmmm 'n AP's ' ??

I have been using Develo dlan kit (using house wiring, each adapter has 3 sockets for plug in, wired, access, plus extends wireless utilising each adapter.

We do not have fibre access. But a good 13 Mb/s connection.

We have a DLan 500, wired to Bt Homehub 4, plus 2 DLan 500 adapters plus a DLan 200 adapter from a previous install.
A 500 Adapter feeds the TV , BT box and serves our networked TV access, using 'Serviio' freeby, when accessing computers.
Chromcast does the business streaming HD movies no sweat using the Wi Fi provision.
http://tinyurl.com/o2jcgej

Cannot give any scientific evaluation, except, any web speed tester gives the same result using Androids - MS laptops etc over Wi-Fi, also using wired... At each point of use all using nominal 100 Mb connectivity.

My nearest neighbours use similar, if not the same kit.

I name each adapter, give same PW to each, the whole thing works surprisingly well.
A second PC is using the wired aspect of the 200 adapter for network/Net, the 'experience' is pretty damn good for a 6+ y/o Dell.

There may be kit which is better and/or cheaper - not being a spendthrift on electronic kit or someone who needs to bleed over not having the latest and greatest - f'ked if I know, but my stuff lays open before y'all.

-0-

Some reviews say those work well on the Ethernet but not wireless. Is that your experience?

Bit off topic, always wondered why :-

a) new houses don't have fibre optic cable infrastructure incorporated.

b) Why they're not data cabled.

Would add pretty much nothing the the cost of the house.

Sponsored Links
Back