HMP Wormwood Scrubs 'filthy and unsafe'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So wormwood scrubs has been describes as filthy and unsafe ... my heart bleeds for them and they are saying the cells that was designed for one prisoner now holds two :cry: :cry: :cry: and there are broken windows... to me this is a plot so the public don't get too outraged when they spend millions refurbing them... at a time when we have honest decent citizens going to foodbanks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-29034944

Sponsored Links
Think of the prison officers and not just the prisoners when looking at prison conditions.
A happy prisoner makes for a happy prison, so to speak.

Would you prefer a situation like Strangeways?

I agree prisoners should not be pampered but I also think that giving them some basic creature comforts is necessary, give them nothing and what can you take away as punishment for bad behaviour? Nothing.

They should have incentives for good behaviour otherwise they'll become uncontrollable.

IMHO.

No Crime! No Grime! If it resembles Butlins they'll want to go back again.

Prisoners are sent to prison as punishment, not for futher punishment.
Otherwise it would be acceptable to torture, mistreat, etc while they are in prison.

Indeed your loss of liberty is your punishment. I too don't agree with pampering prisoners, but basics such a clean and reasonably comfortable safe conditions are a minimum.

Sponsored Links
Could they not issue each prisoner with a bottle of cif and a cloth?

NO, surely that would be against there (in)human rights :rolleyes: If it was up to me i would have different categories of prison (i know there's supposed to be already). One for the murderers/rapists/peado's. These would be locked in a room 24/7, sleep on concrete beds and be fed dry bread and water, and every cell would have a noose fitted in case they felt like doing society a favour. Then the rest would work down being a bit easier as it goes.
I'd still rather have the death penalty for certain crimes but its never gonna happen in this mamby pamby country. About time we told the do-gooders to fu cko ff.

They do have categories already and each prisoner get a catagory based upon the crime.

Some prisoners are locked up 23 hrs a day.

Surely you're not suggesting prisons should be run by prisoners?

That's what will happen if officers don't have a bargaining chip(privaledges) and we revert back to the 80's when riots were a regular occurrance.

No i'm not saying that. If they were locked up 24/7 they couldn't riot could they. Plus if they did i would shoot them (in the legs so they died slowly).

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
No i'm not saying that. If they were locked up 24/7 they couldn't riot could they. Plus if they did i would shoot them (in the legs so they died slowly).

Makes you as bad as the criminal. Disgraceful.

Makes you as bad as the criminal. Disgraceful.

Oh go away. People like you would have these scum wandering around with law abiding people. If they didn't commit such horrific crimes they wouldn't have to worry would they . :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
They should have incentives for good behaviour otherwise they'll become uncontrollable.

I agree. I'm all for incentives for good behaviour.

Misbehave and you double your sentence.
Misbehave and no food for a week.
Misbehave and 50 lashes.

Won't happen, of course. Too many do-gooders.

As for do-gooders, some of them have got it right.
Keep the prisoner healthy, less drain on the prison NHS care.
Give them a TV, let them watch holiday shows, reality TV, anything that's fun. It will make them realise what they're missing and their time will drag. Not all creature comforts make their time more bearable, the opposite I should imagine to be true.

Sponsored Links
Back