Nylon tipped screwdriver?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't laugh, but you know when you have painted/coated screws such as those holding upvc door handles? Is there a special type of screwdriver that you can get which will not damage the coating when you screw/unscrew these screws? I know it might sound daft, but I've yet to manage to avoid chipping or scratching the coating with ordinary posis, :confused:

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid I don't know such a thing exists or whether it is practical, but I have always thought that there is a market for a hard white rubber bolster for carpet fitting so that the skirts don't get marked when laying carpets.

Any nylon or ceramic coated screwdrivers (for example) are for light duty or anti static use -as far as I'm aware.
I would only advise using a new quality screwdriver of the correct size, and pressing it well into the screw head before turning it. Any tendency for the driver to cam out will certainly damage any finish the screws may have.
John :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back