Vokera Linea 28 - Cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Linea 28 (approx 8-9 years old) which is keeps cutting out. I have had a number of heating engineers out from my maintenance contract who have not been able to diagnose the problem which is an intermittent fault. Unfortunately they wont come out for this particular problem until it fully manifests into a total failure.
I have to continually reset the boiler to fire up the burners to get HW, this can last between 3hrs to 3 days before requiring a reset. Occasionally I get error code 01, but more often than not no error is displayed and i just get the temp reading. There are no problems with water pressure, or system pressure.

I have had the following replaced over the past 8-10 months
1. Main PCB
2. Ignition Module
3. Plate to plate heat exchanger
4. Diverter valve
5. Spark Plug Electrode

I've probably not explained it too well, so happy to answer questions to help resolve

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Sanj

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately the insurance based firms do not offer very attractive employment packages and consequently do not get to employ the best diagnostic engineers.

So all they do is to change parts until hopefully they might find something at fault ( or not ).

There are still a couple of things they have not changed but it could well not be anyone of them and just an adjustment or setting!

Tony

Unfortunately the insurance based firms do not offer very attractive employment packages and consequently do not get to employ the best diagnostic engineers.

So all they do is to change parts until hopefully they might find something at fault ( or not ).

There are still a couple of things they have not changed but it could well not be anyone of them and just an adjustment or setting!

Tony

Pot, Kettle, ****.

Sponsored Links
I would suggest a proper boiler service
For this you will need someone who knows how your boilers works and often will be a repair person nd not a part changer

Boiler older than age you specify

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back