Has anyone got a bad word to say about Vaillant?

What reasons has the recommender given you?

Tony

Well, he said that that's what he generally installed. He said he used to do Worcester, but he reckons the electronic control panel is too complicated for people to figure out. He says Vaillant is simpler, same level of performance.

He reckoned Vaillant and Worcester were like BMW and Mercedes.

I've had the full range of boilers offered to me by heating engineers coming round to my house.

Vaillant seem to get good reviews on the internet.

I'd of thought 3 quotes would be more than enough to get an idea of costs involved. Friends, family & workmates should be able to supply names of reliable installers.

While Ideal boilers don't have a good history, they're certainly on to a winner with their Logic range. As said the Germans have lost their way in resent years, trying to cut costs & importing cheap crap components.

It's a Euro zone thing, it's gone t.ts up & we'd be better out of the EU completely.

Sponsored Links
All modern boilers are a pile of crap, how they can claim to be green with all the time money and energy needed to make the parts and do the repairs i'll never know.

The price they charge for some parts is near criminal vaillant being one of the worse. Worcester parts are one of the cheapest so would recomend them on that basis.

Although that said ideal do seem to of got their act together with the logic.

Vaillant boilers in my mind are extremely good, and are good German quality as one would expect.

Much better than Worcester Bosh in my mind. Just make it's serviced annually.

I have a Vaillant Eco Tech Plus 937 combi boiler.

You may also want to buy the boiler your self online vs letting the fitter get it as you will save yourself money!

Personally, I'd happily let the fitter make a bit of profit on the boiler such that in the event of something going wrong I deal with the one person. Buying your parts individually rather than via the tradesman must make them inwardly squirm.

Sponsored Links
Twaddle. What experience do you base that on? Owning 1 boiler?

My personal opinion plus good reviews online.

Also, I said "in my mind" meaning my personal opinion.

Personally, I'd happily let the fitter make a bit of profit on the boiler such that in the event of something going wrong I deal with the one person. Buying your parts individually rather than via the tradesman must make them inwardly squirm.

Not when the fitter wants to charge you £2000 for the boiler and you can get it for £1000 as was in my case. 100% markup, are your serious!

Also I like to research and choose my own products what I buy my self and then have someone install them if I cant. That way I know that I am happy with a product that I have chosen and it meets my requirements along with knowing I am getting it for a good price.

(i.e. My plumber I had liked to use Worcester bosh, but I wanted a combi boiler with both HW storage tanks and high HW capabilitys - so I researched boilers, chose the one that would meet my requirements, then found where it was the cheapest.)

So in other words, no tangible experience worth noting, as one boiler does not an informed opinion make. It might be in your mind.... but your mind hasn't enough information to make an opinion (on this subject at least) worth sharing. If you had actually disassembled and reassembled a working boiler ( or rather several hundred) then we can talk.

Plus I doubt an installer was charging you £2K JUST for the boiler. And in any case there is a perfectly good reason for a markup on purchase cost and resale cost.

If your installer did want to charge you £2K fro the boiler alone there is possibly a reason.

German quality is a total misnomer. German engineering is the talking topic of the ill informed and weak-minded.

I speak from much more experience than your good self. ;).

but I wanted a combi boiler with both HW storage tanks and high HW capabilitys - so I researched boilers, chose the one that would meet my requirements, then found where it was the cheapest.)

And you chose a 937? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

known am getting it for a good price

You are probably also known for several other things as well ;).

So in other words, no tangible experience worth noting, as one boiler does not an informed opinion make. It might be in your mind.... but your mind hasn't enough information to make an opinion (on this subject at least) worth sharing. If you had actually disassembled and reassembled a working boiler ( or rather several hundred) then we can talk.

Plus I doubt an installer was charging you £2K JUST for the boiler. And in any case there is a perfectly good reason for a markup on purchase cost and resale cost.

If your installer did want to charge you £2K fro the boiler alone there is possibly a reason.

Firstly, all makes can have their problems and all boilers in theory can go wrong.

Secondly I researched many boilers and makes and the one I chose was the best one that meet my requirements. The BQ engineer who came out for the annul service also agreed it was a very good boiler.

Thirdly, I know several people who have Vaillant boilers and are very happy with them.

Lastly, any boiler what is not serviced annually or has some one working on/servicing it who is not fully trained on that boiler will increase the chance of problems with the system and the boiler occuring!

Now I wonder how many Vaillant boilers/systems go wrong when looked after and serviced annually by competent people?

My guess, not many.

And you chose a 937? ;) ;) ;) ;)

Yes as a space limitations prevented us from having a HW tank, otherwise would of gone with a Megaflow from Heatrae Sadia.

my experience of vaillants

gas valves drifting out of calibration causing strange noises

expansion vessels always failing/needing re pressurising

heat exchangers splitting (had a few of these, £600 odd repair that one!)

filters in extremely hard to reach areas that most people don't even know about casing perfectly good boilers to be written off (although that is more the fault of incompetence than the boiler)

internals very susceptible to leakage , the list goes on....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back