Murray. What IS wrong with the bloke?

L

longdogs

Andy Murray is at it again. Despite all the fuss over his previous anti-English comments he has now tweeted his support for Scottish independence.

Is he a true idiot or is he so big headed that he doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut? You would think that even if he supported independence he would have had the intelligence to say nothing.

Sponsored Links
I don't see why he shouldn't say if he supports something or not. It is largely irrelevant anyway.

Sponsored Links
I don't think anyone would deny his right to comment on things that effect his country of birth.

Unless he said something disparaging about the rest of the UK's inhabitants of course.

Another Yes supporter who's a. minted, and b. would barely be seen dead in the place.
That said, he can say what he likes, for me - it's his opinion and life, after all.

I fail to understand why morons like him, in the public eye post inflammatory comments on social sites, and then wonder why they attract such venom.

Why don't they just keep their opinions to themselves/close friends?

Knobheads :evil:

Is he a true idiot or is he so big headed that he doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut? You would think that even if he supported independence he would have had the intelligence to say nothing.
How does a successful Scots sportsman become a "true idiot" just because he supports the independence of his place of birth?

Successful English high earners go out of their way to support their nation don't they. :rolleyes:

Feckinell squarky you are so naive. It's embarrassing.

Oh, never heard of him. If he's Scottish isn't he by default British?

Ahh last year when he won Wimbledon, the media was full of "The first Brit to win Wimbledon for xx years, instead of "The first Scot to win Wimbledon ever."

;) ;)

Damned if you or don't as a Scotsman in the public eye.

Can't remember an Englishman being ****ed over for loving his country of birth and saying so in public. The usual double standards apply...nothing new for the minorities.

I think some of you have missed my point. I totally agree that Murray, or anyone else for that matter, should be able to voice their opinions on the running of their country, but wouldn't it have been in his best interest not to?

After the 'Any team but England' comments, it took a long, long time for the English to accept him and support him at his matches. He eventually managed to turn it around by saying that the comments were banter directed at Tim Henman.

So after winning Wimbledon and the Olympics and getting the support from the English he deserved, he does it again. Unfortunately, this will severely damage his career and he must have known that. So why do it?

Guess who will be first out of 'Strictly' :LOL:

Talking of which Squeaky, do you not think that there is something amiss between mother and son? I would say, definitely not her favorite.

Sponsored Links
Back