Owww!

E

EddieM

Silly me... :( tape measure end got stuck twixt wall and floorboard, in a fit of pique decided to yank it out. Damn sharp those tapes plenty of the red stuff.

Sponsored Links
Managed that not with a tape measure... But with two of these...

HL002_893.jpg

They were tangled together, so I wrapped the tangled threads around my fingers and sharply jerked them apart

Tensile strength of stainless : 860MPa
Tensile strength of skin : 20MPa

Enough to say that there was a lot of blood. 3 fingers cut almost to the bone but thankfully no tendons or major blood tubes (technical term that) were in the way.

Had a mate that did it with a strand of silk that was loose on his shirt. Turns out blood ruins silk shirts :unsure:

Fubar

A builder once told me he was using his gas powered nail gun while putting up stud walls, and stupidly placed his hand behind the wood he was nailing.

That must of hurt!

Sponsored Links
Managed that not with a tape measure... But with two of these...

HL002_893.jpg

They were tangled together, so I wrapped the tangled threads around my fingers and sharply jerked them apart

Tensile strength of stainless : 860MPa
Tensile strength of skin : 20MPa

Enough to say that there was a lot of blood. 3 fingers cut almost to the bone but thankfully no tendons or major blood tubes (technical term that) were in the way.

Had a mate that did it with a strand of silk that was loose on his shirt. Turns out blood ruins silk shirts :unsure:

Fubar

Funny how everyday things we live around and use without thinking can easily cause significant injury.

Hi a new boy here. On about nail guns, two weeks ago I was using my smaller one 60mm brads, got distracted and put the nail through two fingers, in one side and out of the other, very little pain, got pair of pliers and did the he-man bit and pulled it out, then cried :oops: well the pain did start then . Nos :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back