Bath spraying rather than re-fit... advice sought

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Many thanks for reading.

Would anyone be able to offer some advice? Basically, due to the passing of my father I am having to sell my mother's house so that she can downsize. The final room/job to complete before putting the house on the market is her bathroom -- which has a horrible avocado green suite (bath/sink/loo) from '70s in it, which looks ghastly. Until now, I had been planning to replace the old suite with a new one. However, the old suite's dimensions are not universal sizings and also my father had hand-built furniture around the sink and other areas in the bathroom, but hadn't tiled behind them... so, if I can't replace like-for-like sizes in terms of the suite, I'll end up with a tiling job that I had wanted to avoid on top of the suite re-fit itself. So... I have thought suddenly about having the old suite "re-surfaced/re-painted". Can anyone possibly recommend a reliable company which might provide this service -- I've heard horror stories about going down this route, so any advice would be massively appreciated. Many thanks in advance! Simon

Sponsored Links
Paint it up cheap and dirty, so it looks about right, but wont last.

- Will look like when showing people round.
- Some wont notice its painted, happy days.
- Others will, but life goes on, and you agree it will need changing.
- Bathroom updates are unlikely to repay on final sale price.

Is the bath grp or enamel, I would use spray paint, with care it will fine until used.

Daniel

If you try to paint a fibreglass bath it will look horrible. If the bathroom is in good condition I would leave it as it is.

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
Leave it as it is and let the buyers make their offers on that basis. It's not worth the hassle and if the other furniture is purpose built then you will likely end up with a half & half situation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back