Which? scores on most reliable boiler

Mr D. There has been plenty of exploration and explanation.

You're incapable of comprehending.

Toyota cars?

:LOL: weren't they responsible for some of the biggest recalls in motoring history?

Jokes like "the car in your front room is a Toyota" and "Toyota Recall" ring bells.

I bet Mr D bought a Toyota on a Which recommendation. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Worcester Tupperware Bosch are c.ap, I along with many installers I know & respect know it. I've known of highly discounted WTB boilers being sold to an installer that was not even GS registered. Now, I view that for a boiler manufacturer very unscrupulous.

I like Vokera, been installing them for years!! The Baxi/Potty/Main range is also very good, also the Ideal Logic range is a cracking wee boiler for the money.

A few years ago we were fitting 100s of Heatline boilers for Landlords. They were slagged rotten by everyone, we had very little problems with them & still service most we installed.

Can you just imagine your average Which magazine reader?? A curtain twitcher ex civil servant on a final salary pension & his long suffering wife.

I don't fully agree regarding the opinions of WB and Vokera, although I am not disputing anyone elses opinion.

Over the years I have been to and repaired far far more Vokeras than i have Worcesters. The parts are generally more expensive also.

I also do not, and can't understand why this is the opinion of other installers on here, agree that just because the boiler is a percieved lower cost lower quality brand that the install is done in a haphazard way. As far as i am concerned it is still an expensive piece of equipment that can cause a lot of damage if not installed correctly. I couldn't give a toss if i was making £100 or £500 out of the install, i would treat each with the same quality and respect ! To make that sweeping statement just gives installers bad press !

My opinion is that the CDi range is a good boiler range and that Vokeras are pants but that is just MY opinion.e

People often seem to post looking for info on best boiler to buy. Which? magazine has a report on this, so thought would post findings here in case people find it useful.

These are the scores on the doors for reliability and customer satisfaction:

Gas Boilers

Worcester-reliability 79% customer satisfaction 89%
Vaillant 77% and 86%
Viesmann 77% and 86%
Alpha 75% and 68%
British Gas 75% and 70%
Main 75% and 64%
Glow worm 74% and 72%
Ideal 72% and 62%
Potterton 72% and 64%
Baxi 69% and 63%
Vokera 62% and 62%

Oil Boilers

Grant 72% and 79%
Worcester 70% and 79%

Do the Which reports ever ask those who are not satisfied with their boiler, why they were not satisfied, or seek to establish what the problem was with those boilers deemed to be unreliable?

Sponsored Links
Possibly, but Never have I seen it accurately reported. Hence the thrust of my argument.

Mr D has not come back to answer the questions on this very point.

Which sure as hell won't because it will show their reports up for the twaddle that they are.

Like I said, a system pressure drop will lock out many boilers and your average Which reader would consider it beyond themselves to top it up themselves, or assume that it is a problem with the boiler/recent installation.

This is where demographics play a key part. Another thing that (seeing as he won't provide the information) Mr D is most likely lacking as many of the professionals here see a wide spread of the nation's society.

For example, I can be in a grotty little bedsit in Stevenage at 8:30, and by lunchtime surveying a new heating system in a 7 figure property. This week I have fitted kit worth more than the national average income.... none of it would even register on Which's radar.

Monday I have to go and look at a 24 year old Ariston Styx in a little 2 bed flat in a ropey part of Laaandan. Monday and Tuesday's rosta is a huge variety of people I can guarantee none of whom will have read Which and only one has a product that has ever featured in their drivel.

Oh - saw another Which related thread where someone also pointed out that the Betacom C got a best buy award too :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

the installers choice? which best buy?

75000_74884_81103_94276631.jpg

i'll give it a miss thanks :eek:

(photo from another forum member)

75000_74884_81101_91813546_thumb.jpg

C'mon you Worcester Tupperware Bosch clones, leave their club, stop being brain washed.............there's 100s of better boilers out there!!

Look inside a Potty/Baxi/Main combi, hardly any plastic in there is there??
Even a complete moron should know there's no place in a boiler for plastic!!!
ITS A BOILER FFS!!!

Just to throw a spanner in the works, British Gas don't make boilers. Most BG boilers are rebadged glowworms, of which BG out scored them.

In defence of WB, we fit thousands and very rarely have problems with them, even the junior version.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, British Gas don't make boilers. Most BG boilers are rebadged glowworms, of which BG out scored them.

In defence of WB, we fit thousands and very rarely have problems with them, even the junior version.

I don't think WB or any manufacturer needs defending. If WB shift 350000 a year roughly, and they do, you simply can't maintain that with a rubbish product, their product is good.

Some guys dislike working on them that's their problem. It's the survey is my problem.

I hadn't worked on one for years then last Monday tried to get a system working for someone at the company. It was WB effing this and that but only because I didn't now where everything was and had the wrong booklet. There was nothing wrong with the boiler, it was me.

It's a pity BG customers don't agree with you mate, BG service & staff are awften found wanting. Given their horrendous charges too!!

I don't think WB or any manufacturer needs defending. If WB shift 350000 a year roughly, and they do, you simply can't maintain that with a rubbish product, their product is good.

Some guys dislike working on them that's their problem. It's the survey is my problem.

I hadn't worked on one for years then last Monday tried to get a system working for someone at the company. It was WB effing this and that but only because I didn't now where everything was and had the wrong booklet. There was nothing wrong with the boiler, it was me.

Another advocate of the plastic boiler, amazing!!

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't advocate installing WB, I'm just unfamiliar with them so swear at it when confused.There are lots of better boilers and all of them come below WB in the survey.

afaik J&S came 4th in said survey so they boast on twitter ?

Which should have asked me ;) dire boilers & I have the customers to prove it

Which survey :) :) :) dip sticks

So we have J&S, Ferroli and the Betabomb C all doing well in a Which survey.

I think I will elevate Which and all those who follow their advice as "********s designate" until such time as it can be demonstrated otherwise.

I am not good at holding my breath so you'll forgive me if I carry on as normal.

Mr D has gone very quiet on the subject AGAIN!?!?!?!

A bad habit of his when he is (once again) proven ignorant of the subject at hand. ;)

I shall await the numerous unexplained post deletions, no doubt soon to begin. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back