Which? scores on most reliable boiler

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't advocate installing WB, I'm just unfamiliar with them so swear at it when confused.There are lots of better boilers and all of them come below WB in the survey.

Ah, 'their product is good' is not advocating the product then?.... ;)

Sponsored Links
Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't advocate installing WB, I'm just unfamiliar with them so swear at it when confused.There are lots of better boilers and all of them come below WB in the survey.

Ah, 'their product is good' is not advocating the product then?.... ;)

Correct.

I will not list the negatives as they're well known but generally if put in correctly the customer gets warm and that's why we exist.

If you wanted a boiler that was sturdier, dealt with system debris better, was easier to work on, more flexible with flueing, more reliable, better value for money then there are many other which are better than merely good.

They might not be as heavily promoted or incentivised to the installer, have such a pretty case with blue lights but they are better than merely good.

I wouldn't describe WB as bad anyway and if I worked on them all the time as well as being good they'd be easy.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Yes Vulcan an I will name the company that paid to go on the test ( I know ur position makes this tricky for you) it was Baxi I believe, an Vaillant are very ****ed off their second an are now pushing the fact they have the quiet mark.. On their boilers :D

Yes Vulcan an I will name the company that paid to go on the test ( I know ur position makes this tricky for you) it was Baxi I believe, an Vaillant are very p****d off their second an are now pushing the fact they have the quiet mark.. On their boilers :D

I believe your belief is correct :D

Coincidentally, chatting to an Ideal guy I was told when they were at Which talking about the bad press their boilers were getting some invitations were mooted; and by Which. Of course that is all talk.

You know I've nothing against Vaillant but shouldn't they have the GW and Heatline figures added to make one total? :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Lol NOOOOOOOO all boilers hav their place in the prckin order, an as u an i know the history of claudio its a pity vaillant didnt use his obvious talents! His early ones rs an flowmatics were good reliable lumps as werethe early ferroli falcolnd an gloworm swiftflows.. A lot of companies lost their way thro poor R an D i think .. I always push vokeras D way if people want a good mid range an cant afford a vaillant

The smaller but decent boiler manufacturers like Atag & Intergas have little chance of making it into this survey.

A prospective customer who happens to be a "Which" member will assume they must be dross as they are not mentioned by "Which" so that's one more "Which" member who will not have experience of the lesser known manufacturers.

The survey is seriously perpetually flawed.

btw I am a "Which" member purely for the legal support services, knowing how "Which" evaluate boilers leaves me with little faith in the rest of their product or service surveys...

The smaller but decent boiler manufacturers like Atag & Intergas have little chance of making it into this survey.

A prospective customer who happens to be a "Which" member will assume they must be dross as they are not mentioned by "Which" so that's one more "Which" member who will not have experience of the lesser known manufacturers.

The survey is seriously perpetually flawed.

btw I am a "Which" member purely for the legal support services, knowing how "Which" evaluate boilers leaves me with little faith in the rest of their product or service surveys...

No, I think they have very chance of making it, the survey includes any manufacturer with 50 replies to the questionnaire. In fact I think they would do very well as they're generally put in by guys who like them so will provide good reliable service rather than someone who buys a top of the range WB or Vaillant and pays bottom dollar to get it fitted. See the other thread about a Vaillant put in last week.

You could get a 90% plus score and trump WB or Vaillant easily which would pee a lot of people off. Bet the minimum 50 replies would be cranked up very quickly then. :LOL:

It's easy to be negative about the survey (and I am seriously negative about it) but you have to come up with something affordable as an alternative for WHICH that they could use instead and that's difficult. You have to give them the benefit of doubt first off and I believe they're just strapped for cash with diminishing readership but boilers are a subject they have to cover.

Lol NOOOOOOOO all boilers hav their place in the prckin order, an as u an i know the history of claudio its a pity vaillant didnt use his obvious talents! His early ones rs an flowmatics were good reliable lumps as werethe early ferroli falcolnd an gloworm swiftflows.. A lot of companies lost their way thro poor R an D i think .. I always push vokeras D way if people want a good mid range an cant afford a vaillant

A company is only as good as the worst employee and so is an Industrial Group :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back