Honeywell two port valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Wondered if anyone could help me? Firstly wondered if these come naturally open or closed or do you just turn them around? I would like to use zone valves to switch over from one feed pipe to another. Was going to use a thermostat to send power to them so wondered which wire fires up the motor and closes/opens the valve? Presume the blue is neg and yellow/green earth.
Sorry if I am a bit vague I am a HETAS engineer and most of my stuff comes pre wired.
Cheers. Colin.

Sponsored Links
The brown wire powers the motor, grey is perm live and the Orange switches on the boiler, pump, or whatever is connected.

Hi Colin.
Brown is the live to the motor.
Orange and grey are connected to an end switch for boiler/pump switch live.
So it would be call power to common on thermostat then call from thermostat to brown on zone valve.
They are closed when not powered by springs.

Honeywell zone valve normally close when not powered up.

You can get zone valve normally open when not powered up as well.

Daniel.

Sponsored Links
What application are you using them for? , only suitable for closed systems or low head.

Hello
Ah I may be in trouble here I wanted to put it in line to stop the flow from a combi domestic hot water side to the taps to stop it running when it feeds from the domestic cylinder (heated by my solod fuel stove) so it would be stopping mains water pressure I guess? Am I in trouble here? So basically I will be asking it to spring against what 3 bar or so. Help. Cheers. Col

Ok the plan is to have the house connected up to and served by the combi.

Multi fuel stove connected to the old vented cylinder with a decent heat sink rad circuit connected also.

Thermostat on the cylinder that when it gets to a certain temperature opens a valve from the domestic take off and closes the one into the system from the combi domestic h/w so when a tap is opened there is no drop in pressure and it does not fire up.

When the thermostat is at a lower temperature things stay with the combi.

Fitting a dumble valve on the feed from the gravity h/w take off also as a fail safe to stop any pressure going backwards to the old vented side.

Is my logic ok or am I in cloud cookoo?

Cheers. Col.

This simply will not work. Zone valves will not hold back mains pressure.

Even if they did, the plan is total madness and could easily lead to the cylinder being subjected to mains pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back