to go from the living room to the bedroom through the garage

I cannot explain you why I am concerned because I do not want to reveal the identities.
Which immediately makes your motives suspect, and you devious.

However the reason why I am concerned is irrelevant because what matter is the law. I heard also that a house is a single dwelling house according to the law and to the balance of probability.
So - are you being entirely altruistic, and public spirited here, with no personal axe to grind, or are you devious and suspect?

Why are YOU so concerned?

So the issue is whether a house where the occupiers have to go through the garage each time they want to move one room to the other is likely to be a single dwelling house or not and there is also the issue of Health & Safety which concern pollutants from the car, fire and psychological problem because the lack of space etc....
So - are you being entirely altruistic, and public spirited here, with no personal axe to grind, or are you devious and suspect?

Sponsored Links
There is also the issue of Health & Safety which concerns pollutants from the car which are swallowed by the occupiers of this house each time they want to go from one room to another, fire escape due to the garage in the middle of the bedroom and the exit door and psychological problem because the lack of space due to occupiers having to squeeze themselves between the car and the garage each time they move from one rooms to another rooms etc....

All these issues are material for the The housing, health and safety rating system (HHSRS)

6.3.11 of the HHSRS covers this but it is only a guide for assessing risk not a legal requirement.

I suggest you find something more important to worry about rather than obviously trying to cause trouble for some other person for unknown reasons.

There is also the issue of Health & Safety which concerns pollutants from the car which are swallowed by the occupiers of this house each time they want to go from one room to another, fire escape due to the garage in the middle of the bedroom and the exit door and psychological problem because the lack of space due to occupiers having to squeeze themselves between the car and the garage each time they move from one rooms to another rooms etc....

All these issues are material for the The housing, health and safety rating system (HHSRS)
Indeed.

Have you considered breaking the doors down and forcibly removing all of the occupants for their own safety? It seems to me that you should disregard the laws which prevent you from doing the honourable thing, and consider yourself morally obliged to do this, so concerned are you about the situation.

Sponsored Links
If the HHSRS is only a guide can you tell me which legal document covers this it should be one because health and safety is very important

If the HHSRS is only a guide can you tell me which legal document covers this
Here.

it should be one because health and safety is very important
It is very important, and I commend you for your selfless dedication to the health and safety of the occupants of this building.

You are being entirely altruistic, and public spirited here, with no personal axe to grind, aren't you, not devious and suspect?

What you say seems to be philosophy. I am interested in hard evidence that this house is not a single dwelling house.

I'm sure you are.

But the question is why?

Is it because you are being entirely altruistic, and public spirited, with no personal axe to grind, or is it because you are being devious and suspect?

I doubt that you are going to get any more information here until you explain the context of your questions, and the real basis for your concern.

if this house is not a single dwelling house it does not have permitted development rights and as explained in my previous threads the owner has no right to insert translucent windows without full planning permission

If you know that, and then go and bang on his door and demand that he remove them forthwith, what do you think he will do?

If you suspect that, and ask here, and everybody says "Oh yes, he is clearly in the wrong, and must remove the windows forthwith", and you print a copy of the topic and take it with you when you bang on his door, what do you think he will do?

This is what you must do:
  1. Stop posting here about your unhappiness, in topic after topic, month after month.
  2. Find a solicitor and get proper advice on the legality of what he has done and the practical reality of what you can do about it.
  3. Err... that's it. If you want to do less work, then 1. will suffice.

I have seen a solicitor who told me that first I have to go through the planning department’s complaint procedure. It is what I intend to do and to do this I need to gather evidence with your help

OK, chaps, here's what we all have to do.

Each of us post a reply to Auction's questions, confirming that he is right, and this neighbour is in breach of all sorts of planning requirements. Shouldn't take you much more than half an hour of your time.

Armed with that evidence, he can then approach his planning department, tell them what the law says, and how this neighbour has breached it, because without our evidence, based entirely on what Auction has told us, and in no way on anything we have seen for ourselves, how can they possibly be expected to do anything?

Auction will then go away.

I would like to know if a house where to go from the living room to the bedrooms the only way is to go first through the garage could be a single dwelling house and if this is legal according to Health & Safety Regulation and UK Building Regulation
No, it isn't, it is in breach of both of them.

But if the house was previously a block of flats and has been allegedly transformed into a single dwelling house could it really be a single dwelling house i
Of course not. Your neighbour's pathetic attempt to allegedly transform it is a hopelessly transparent sham.

It is not a single dwelling house, and should not be treated as such in law.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back