possible floor repair?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at the floor in a small cupboard that we have and it's looking like once we remove and put new flooring in the living room we will do this small space as well. I am unsure what it currently is but I think it's concrete which has been painted and I am forever catching my toes in the holes in the floor .does anyone know the best way of sorting this? I have attached a picture so you can see the floor.

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
Don't walk inside the cupboard :D

It looks like there's something over the top of the concrete. You could try removing it (I wouldn't), or you could build the low area up to the high height with carpet underlay or something, then fit the new floor over the new high height. Obviously this will leave a small step into the cupboard - if you're laying carpet you probably won't notice it, but if you're laying laminate/wood etc you might be better to "slope" the underlay (or whatever you use) from nothing at the threshold to the required height at the high bit (depending on size of cupboard etc).

What's a dpm?

As for the carpet idea I would love to do this but the other half wants wooden flooring which is the same as is down now...

Sponsored Links
is it an inspection hatch?
if so do you really want to cover it up?

It will be a wooden floor eventually. And it doesn't look like anything it looks like something used to be there and was moved. I am just wondering in the mean time how could I cover it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back