camping gaz stove gas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can a camping gaz stove be used with propane gas ( Camping Gaz is butane)
I know when you buy a household gas hob for natural gas ( Methane) they often include a set of different gas nozzles which I assume are for propane use in a boat or caravan etc. But Im not sure if butane & propane are similar enough to interchange?
Thanks for any helpful answers in advance! ;)

Sponsored Links
Thailand, Im in Bangkok for 3 months but enough small talk! Can anyone advise me please? :)

Portable appliances that I have come across claim to be jetted for LPG.....the choice between butane and propane seems to be one of temperature rather than the calorific properties of the gases.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Portable appliances that I have come across claim to be jetted for LPG.....the choice between butane and propane seems to be one of temperature rather than the calorific properties of the gases.

So you reckon if I used Propane with the appropriate regulator, it would be fine? :D

Yep, obviously using the correct regulators is essential.
A caravanner pal of mine uses butane in summer, and propane in winter without changing any jets in the cooker or fridge.

Yep, obviously using the correct regulators is essential.
A caravanner pal of mine uses butane in summer, and propane in winter without changing any jets in the cooker or fridge.
Don't think he will need to worry about the winter one in Bankok :D :D

Yes, jetting is the same for butane, propane or butane/propane mix but different for methane (mains gas).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back