honeywell g2 keyfob zones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
i have a g2-44 honeywell panel
and want to add keyfobs to system
as i understand it, as standard the panel has 44 zones that can be wired or wireless
question is when the keyfobs are registered on system which zones does it take up on the panel, and how could i check this.
Think im right in saying each buton on keyfob takes up one zone so a 4 button keyfob = 4 zones

Thanks
Darren

Sponsored Links
Which wireless module are you using ? The C079 does not use zones for RF fobs.

When programming the fobs, think of each 'fob' as a code, for that's what it is really.

Which wireless module are you using ? The C079 does not use zones for RF fobs.

oh really
didnt know that.
havent actually purchased the receiver yet
but its between rf portal and rf rio.
Does neither of these receivers use the actual zones for keyfobs

whilst were at it do you know the read range of these receiver modules

thanks
Darren

Sponsored Links
Don't go for the RF RIO, it's old technology and 30m range.

The C079 portal is 100m and you can fit 2 of them on a G2 panel. The C079 supports alpha and V2 protocols, receives supervisory information from sensors and programming is integrated into the panel menus.

Also, make sure your panel is at the latest firmware for supporting the C079.

You basically enter your user menu for setting codes, program the RF fob serial number in and then you get full set, unset and part set via the fob buttons.

Don't go for the RF RIO, it's old technology and 30m range. The C079 portal is 100m
Why would anyone want to full set, unset or part set when 100 metres from the protected property?

The only reason I can think for that long range is for testing a cloned fob without being observed from someone in the protected property who has notices the alarm is being full set, unset or part set without anyone in the property pressing any buttons.

The range deals with all devices communicating with the transceiver and the transceiver can be located anywhere in the property, not necessarily at the perimeter where you would set with the fob.

You may have detectors in an outbuilding or have a very large property, so require more than 30m range.

The fobs use rolling codes, which make it difficult (I agree not impossible, but we are talking grade 2 domestic here) to copy and replay the transmission.

Thanks for that info.. that's great

Sorry the reason I asked about the range was not for the keyfob purpose but to fit a wireless pir in the shed, which is about 45metres away from the house: long garden😧

Do you know how many Rf keyfobs can be assigned to this system?

Thanks
Darren

Thanks galaxyguy got the keyfobs working
great :)
One last question, Is it possible to reassign a button on the keyfob to trip a relay to open a garage door
Can these buttons be programmed ? or have you got to use the preassigned functions , full set , part set, unset & night set.

Thanks

I agree that would be handy. Although the datasheet for the RF fob devices details programmable sequences, I have never seen/received any documentation on how to do this. I also don't know how the panel would link the button to an output.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back