boiler missing - new oil boiler help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Looking at buying a reposed house and the oil fired boiler and water tank have been stripped out.
I would like put a new oil fired combi boiler in the existing boilers place.

At a rough guide how much should I be looking at all in?
A three bed house with 8 radiators if that helps. The oil tank is still in place and in good condition.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Think long and hard before getting a Combi boiler, the more slightly expensive but much more usable and reliable option is a standard condensing boiler with an unvented hot water cylinder.

Thanks for your reply.

I Should be able to get any of these items trade so that should help and hopefully claim the vat back.
What specs and sizes should I be looking at?
And not sure what extras are needed?

I know its difficult to guess these things but it will be 2 weeks until I can view again with the qualified tradesmen to get a full understanding of what is needed.
But I need to try and work out if all the parts and labour will come into my budget.
So any help is big help, Thanks

Get yerself some literature on the Heatslave combi, apparently now vastly improved. You would be looking in range size 12-18 kw. HTH

Sponsored Links
Ahh that sounds good, I thought I would be looking at 18-25.

There is literally £60 ex vat difference between price with 12/18 to 18/25.
would it be worth the upgrade or deemed unnecessary, also would running costs be much different if they were both used for same purpose?

There is a lot to learn!

edit: also I have just checked it has 9 radiators

And there's the worst advice you have ever been given- the condensing Worcesters are a heap of rubbish that have been horrendous problems for those of us who work on them, so much so, their own engineers can't stand them and they have finally seen fit to re design them. The new design uses the old Danesmore name and to be fair seem ok at first glance but time will tell. The Heatslave Slapper talks of however, is a combi, no one who works on oil boilers (and I mean those who service and repair them not just install and leave) would advise you to have a combi, especially not a new Heatslave 2 which has utilised a lot of the plastic gas boiler parts which just won't tolerate the immense heat generated in an oil combi. Take my advise or leave it it's up to you, but I work on these day in and day out, if you want reliability don't fit an oil combi.

Danoil's points are correct. I now won't work on any combi or system oil boiler for the reason that the built-in components are designed for the low water content, temperatures and expansion of gas boilers. It's regular boilers only with external components when choosing oil.

Having Commissioned a couple of the new latest "much improved" Greenstar Heatslaves, I would still never fit one in my House!! the only oil combi I would recommend would be a Grant Vortex but as said a standard boiler and unvented hot water cylinder would be a better option ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back