vokera compact boiler 35 he

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one of these boilers , its 3 years old. It will now only fire up when I remove the large panel covering the front of the combustion chamber. Sounds as though it thinks it has no air when the panel is on. No red light just a green flashing one. Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
DO NOT USE THE BOILER WITH THAT PLATE REMOVED

EXTREMELY DANGEROUS

Almost certainly the air intake is blocked so it cannot draw air from inside and into the combustion area.

You were lucky that this boiler has the fan in the extract after the burners. Had it been the other way ( fan before the burners ) you might have filled the house with odourless fumes and been dead before you realised you were dying..

Exactly!

You have created a dangerous situation.

Now a gas registered engineer is needed to identify the problem and ensure the boiler is reassembled safely!

Tony

Sometimes I think responses here are a little over dramatic however in this case they replies are correct.

I know what-the problem is, you are not qualified to fix it, get a Gas Safe engineer in to SERVICE it, preferably one who knows Vokeras.

Look in the Glasgow book for T. Cosgrove, he'll fix it and service it properly or private message a poster on here called DP, who similarly will do the job properly.

I do not think it is the problem bernardgreen thinks it is.

Others do not like these boilers but they are as tough as old boots but with two items that need to be included at service time, though not every service and rarely are.

Sponsored Links
Bernard Green should not have explained what the exact problem is on this public forum.

Possibly he only wrote that to be vague and intentionally so as to not encourage the OP to attempt any unsafe gas work which he is not qualified to do.

DP is easier contacted by his business name Rannock Services.

Tony

Hi guys I think its probably the air flow switch £30 quid job or £200 via Corgi approved guy !

It is very unlikely you will need any parts
You have been told above get it serviced by someone who knows these boilers
Or waste your money on a part probably not required

Has it been serviced in the last 3 years

jgmoss. You've been told. Up to you. Are you man enough to come back and tell us the result we all expect to hear when you've finished spending your money unnecessarily.

Steve32, I prefer the latest version of what is necessary rather than what is usually doneplus you have it in one, has it been serviced?

Also when it has cost the poster a pretty penny to cure a simple problem it'll be Vokera's fault not that of the short sighted penny pinching attitude he seems to display even though he can chose between two recommended competent engineers in his own city.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back