Question about insulation at eaves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people,

I have seen people saying that cavity wall insulation should be continued at the eaves to meet the loft insulation.

My question is, should I extend the celotex level with the top of the joists and then butt the loft insulation up against this or continue the loft insulation past the wall plate and down to meet the celotex?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Yes the cavity insulation should ggmeet the loft insulation.

Why celotex and not quilt?

Irrespective, make sure that you don't stifle any air flow via fascia vents etc.

Sorry, didn't make it very clear.

I do intend to use quilt for the loft insulation.

So just to make clear, I should extend the celotex up past the wall plate and bring the loft quilt material up against the inside face of the celotex?

Am I right in thinking I should maintain a 10mm gap along eaves for the airflow?

Am I right in thinking I should maintain a 10mm gap along eaves for the airflow?
Only if your roof ventilation design requires it.

Sometimes breathable membrane is enough. However, there is often the requirement for additional ventilation via over fascia vents etc to supplement airflow.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back