Please help - Rebating with table saw

safety guards have been removed for photographic purposes only.

mmmm where have i seen that before?? :rolleyes: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
safety guards have been removed for photographic purposes only.

mmmm where have i seen that before?? :rolleyes: :LOL:

i blame norm :eek: :cool:

the good/bad thing about old threads is" wow aint seen him for ages"

scrit or jasonb
hope they are both doing well :confused:

he should be using push sticks
ideally no part off your body should cross the edge off the table
you should stand slightly to one side but in a comfortable way without overeaching
you should keep 6" away from the blade
and never have any part off your body over the blade
and incase you think blade gaurds will save you they wont on all but the best saws if you fall on them they will defect and be cut through in a fraction off a second

:oops:

Sponsored Links
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7sRrC2Jpp4

For the impatient, skip to 4.20 for the slow mo.

Don't **** with safety features.

That made my blood run cold!
Of course it doesn't help that he's cutting solid wood with a full length fence either. Nowhere for it to go if it springs when it's cut.
For anyone who thinks. "I know what I'm doing" until you've been unlucky enough to have a kickback you don't know what it's like. Spindles and big router tables in particular are frightening things without the right guards. The power they can reject the workpiece with is enormous.
Been into a commercial workshop in the last ten years and seen a bloke putting tiny bits of wood through a spindle with no guards or pushblocks. Heard later the same bloke had his fingers in it.

you should stand slightly to one side but in a comfortable way without overeaching
and incase you think blade gaurds will save you they wont on all but the best saws if you fall on them they will defect and be cut through in a fraction off a second

Looks to me as if there are quite a few donts shown there. OTOH anyone who uses woodworking machines has at some time in the past taken a "bit of a shortcut". As said above "Guards removed for cleaning"

The guy in that video promotes Jet tools on U tube.

Looks to me as if there are quite a few donts shown there. OTOH anyone who uses woodworking machines has at some time in the past taken a "bit of a shortcut". As said above "Guards removed for cleaning"

the problem is what people see will be assumed as "NORMal"
i was trying to advise what the normal should actually be
so when they choose to cut any corners they are aware there are dangers with safety devices disabled or removed ;)

bejesus how close was he in losing his fingers.
thats 1 lucky guy.
i wont even take the riving knife off my skilly,which is something ive seen peeps do(for some strange reason)

if i want to cut a groove or a rebate then the router comes out.
or if you have 1 with the facility a planer,mine has a rebating guide fitted to it.

bejesus how close was he in losing his fingers.
thats 1 lucky guy.
i wont even take the riving knife off my skilly,which is something ive seen peeps do(for some strange reason)

if i want to cut a groove or a rebate then the router comes out.
or if you have 1 with the facility a planer,mine has a rebating guide fitted to it.
there for the grace off god goes -----------------

--most off us :rolleyes: :oops: ;)

yes m8,

ive suffered throw back on a bloody big wadkin bursgreen saw,lucky for me i was standing to 1 side coz the timber ended up out the doors and smacked itself into the firms van,AT COCK HEIGHT. :eek:
IT WAS MY FAULT,didnt understand the ins and outs of the machine.soon learnt though.

Seen a guy on site today with a wood blade in a 12" con saw.
It was zipping though timbers real fast.

yes m8,

ive suffered throw back on a bloody big wadkin bursgreen saw,lucky for me i was standing to 1 side coz the timber ended up out the doors and smacked itself into the firms van,AT COCK HEIGHT. :eek:
IT WAS MY FAULT,didnt understand the ins and outs of the machine.soon learnt though.
at least you can groove/rebate with gaurds and wriving knife in place :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back