Spec of pipe to gas fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a little advice. Are there any regs (scotland) regarding the type of pipe, ie pvc coated or not to be run under the floor to supply a gas fire? First floor so no issues with damp/cold. I'm guessing best practice is to go with pvc coated but need to understand if non costed copper is acceptable. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Long story which I'll not go into here. Suffice to say we need to understand what type or pipe should be used. Thanks

If it is just a normal timber floor then non coated is ok.

Sponsored Links
If you dont explain your situation then we think that there is likely to be some illegal DIY work proposed.

Tony

Aye, fess up!! You're really from the Drum & doing it as a homer for some drug dealer!! I'm calling the Polis!!

Ah, you've jumped to the wrong conclusion. As I say what is needed is clarity as to what should be in situ based on current standards, I am guessing a gas safe engineer should be able to help.

It doesn't have to be coated under floor but should be inside builders opening.

Ah, you've jumped to the wrong conclusion. As I say what is needed is clarity as to what should be in situ based on current standards, I am guessing a gas safe engineer should be able to help.

You have already been told the answer by at least 3 RGI's. Also the important note about the pipe in the BO

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back