UKIP and the NHS

My wife works in the NHS and a very good friend of mine is a senior nurse/midwife with 25 years experience, and her sister is a senior nurse in a hospital in another County. They all work in different establishments but they all say the same thing. The waste and inefficiency in the NHS has always been bad but is worse now than at any time they've ever known. And it's not just managers - in fact, some of the middle managers come out as being some of the hardest workers - it's nurses, clinical staff, porters, admin, the whole lot. And it's not the fault of the Tories in this instance. it carries over from the mismanagement by the last Labour government when money was thrown at everything that moved in the NHS but accountability reduced to zero. When major cock-ups happen nothing was said. They were allowed to get away with it - probably because they are all angels. The fact is a large percentage in the NHS don't give a toss about the job and do the least they possibly can. The slack is taken up by the other half who do care. But those tend to be the older generations who are leaving or retiring from the NHS at an alarming rate. At some point in the not too distant, the balance will tip and the whole lot will grind to a halt.

Sponsored Links
But that's politics for you:

We can't criticise the NHS without being accused of neglecting the sick.
We can't criticise immigration policy without being accused of being racist.
We can't criticise the welfare state without being accused of neglecting the needy.
We can't criticise the abuse of white children by Asians without being accused of being racist (again).
I could go on........ :(

And I'm sure you probably do Doug99.

There are two points :-

1) What you write is utter nonsense in general.
2) You will get accused of things if you use inflammatory language. Perhaps that is what you do

And I'm sure you probably do Doug99.

There are two points :-

1) What you write is utter nonsense in general.
2) You will get accused of things if you use inflammatory language. Perhaps that is what you do

Could you possibly be a little more constructive and explain exactly why what he said was incorrect?

No, I thought not.

Sponsored Links
2) You will get accused of things if you use inflammatory language.

But to you, probably all language is inflammatory language. You come across as one of the many who compete with each other to be the most offended by anything that doesn't fit your ideologies or agenda. Then 'isms' will be hurled around, to try and close down legitimate debate.

How the self-appointed moral guardians, who always know what's best for us, hate people to have thoughts and opinions of their own. :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
1) Read the Daily Mail, always banging on about the NHS
2) Pretty much any political party now, particularly ukip
3) The government do
4) Quite a lot of recent arrests I think. Masses in the papers.

But to you, probably all language is inflammatory language
Nope, just inflammatory language. I do object to people who blame the nhs, bbc, eu and immigrants for everything they don't like.

close down legitimate debate
Often is actually shouting abuse, or blaming the nhs, bbc, eu and immigrants for everything they don't like.

Back