DOC only on the boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, first post, be gentle - i have an Ideal Mexico 2 (that's what it says on the front) boiler on a gravity fed system....

i am looking to put Drayton TRV 4's on our 8 radiators before getting a new programmer/stat put on in a couple of weeks (HIVE by BG)

i've been looking for a DOC on all the downstairs piping (as advised by FAQs) and can't find any...

the only one i can find is if i take the front panel off the boiler and there's one there...

my question is essentially, should i still be looking or just use that one?

checked all the pipes in the boiler cupboard (big old boarded up fireplace in the kitchen), all the pipes visible to the downstairs radiators and the pipes up to the F&E tanks upstairs...can't imagine they'd put one under the floor boards? the radiator in the kitchen has quite a length of pipe exposed underneath and was thinking of getting one of those penetrating DOC if necessary....

thanks in advance

Matt

Sponsored Links
The DOC in the boiler probably wont work but can be used

There may well be a drain off under the floor boards its not uncommon

If you get a self penetrating one it will work but take an age to drain, also if using this one after its drained piece it out and put a proper one in

Sponsored Links
Yes all pipes to radiators come up from the floor. DOC is on the boiler front when I remove the front panel. Two 22mm pipes with pump on disappear into boiler cupboard wall then I assume upstairs to cylinder. 15mm pipe into wall as well.

If I'm being naive just shout but can I remove pipe under kitchen radiator at elbow and just attach the hose to the pipe and block the elbow?

Have bought a lockshield with a drain bit as well for when I put on the TRV and replace the lock shields

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back