Talking about combi warranties and which brand to choose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Deciding on a combi boiler. Considering W-B 29 Cdi classic, Glowworm ultimate 30c and Ideal logic + HE30.
W-B have the reputation & 5 year warranty but more costly.
The Ideal Logic + boiler model from Ideals range is getting good reviews & has 5 year warranty.
The glowworm ultimate comes with 5,7,10 or 15 year warranties and owned by Vaillant. Read that it has vaillant parts but at lower price than a vaillant. I would have expected vaillants to have longer warranties than glowworm as more pricey and better reputation. Is the long glowworm warranty a sign of quality product that manufacturer confident in ?
Do I pay more and get a W-B or save money with an Ideal or Glowworm – still get 5 year or longer warranty.

Sponsored Links
As riveting as the subject of Boiler Warranties is/are, I would be equally if not more concerned with which installer is going to, ahem install it?

Warranties will be invalid if not put in exactly as per Manufacturers Installation Instructions, Gas Regulations/Building regs.

Installer first (preferably with an insurance backed installer warranty through say, APHC membership), appliance is a secondary matter.

DH

Thanks, puts the warranty issue into perspective, my main focus should be on selecting good installer. Then install correctly. The manuf instructions - that would be the booklet with benchmark form at the end. Make sure water is clean, magna-filtered. Once installed ensure serviced in line with manuf instructions to maintain warranty compliance. Get trustworthy gas safe to install & then service. So for the boiler lowest risk option is choose worcester as if a problem warranty seems to be well-honoured by the manuf.
Maybe same applies with electrical or any other building work - top priority is get someone trustworthy. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
choose an installer that doesnt get a free holiday in barbados for evey 5 boilers he installs.

worcester, vaillant, glowworm are full of plastic parts that heat up and cool down, expand and contract and then crack.

intergas have only four moving parts. the others have more.

the warranty is only as good as the small print.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back