Any guesses? Random pipe coming out of the wall..!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our hallway has no radiator. Common sense would indicate that you need two pipes to have flow. The heating pipes are run in the floor, under the tiles.

Any guesses what this is, or where the other pipe is?

10zvg3q.jpg

2ajs9dy.jpg

Sponsored Links
House is a 1970's dormer bungalow, therefore its possible I guess.

I plan to remove the skirting and have a peek behind. The cap feels to be push-fit, which rules gas out.

Sponsored Links
Looks more like a screwed cap, is your gas pipes from the meter in copper ?

Yes, its 22mm.

We also have one bedroom which has 2 random pipes sticking out of the wall.This could be a rad, if we had a 2nd pipe. We initially thought it was an uninstalled rad location

House is a 1970's dormer bungalow, therefore its possible I guess.

I plan to remove the skirting and have a peek behind. The cap feels to be push-fit, which rules gas out.
don`t waste your time - it is a gas pipe

Black iron cap for gas.

http://www.amazon.com/Pipe-Schedule-Black-Malleable-Iron/dp/B00K6OVYXW

If this is a hallway most likely a gas point for an unflued hall heater.

Almost defo a gas pipe. Was your house built late 60's - early 70's. Apparently, back in the day, the gas carcass of new builds we subsidised by the old Gas Board, to encourage gas sales and usage. The builder had to fit a minimum number of gas points to qualify, so there were a lot of ridiculously positioned gas points.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back