Car dashboard clock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi the can anyone please help advise how I can fit this dashboard clock in my fiesta where the coin holder section circled in red is??

Yellow wire with button adjusts clock dunno where black and red go...

//www.diynot.com/network/Dave123456789/albums/22441

Sponsored Links
Try very thin bladed screwdrivers each side of the coin holder to pop it out.
The red and black wires must be + and - power connections, and they need to be connected to a permanent live somewhere......unless the clock has an internal memory in which case an ignition live feed would do.
Is this a Ford item?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Hi it's not a ford part...and the battery is only a back up for wire failing but not able to power just with the battery...

Any specific advice on how to connect the black and white wires to the "live" though?
:)

and the battery is only a back up for wire failing but not able to power just with the battery...

No, it's to maintain the clock while the ignition is off.

Any specific advice on how to connect the black and white wires to the "live" though?
:)

Black goes to ground, red goes to a switched +12V. You should find one in the radio harness.

Ah I see thanks

Can you define what you mean by ground please

With regards to battery I guesss that means I'll need to replace at some point? Or not?

I ask cos I wanna case it in for good and not really open it up again tbh....

In this case, ground means any metal part of the car bodyshell......every electrical component will be connected to ground somewhere and most will have a wire to do this.
The radio circuit is the best one to tap in to, as advised......the radio supply will have a permanent live, an ignition switched live and a ground, or earth return.
There will be other connections too - for loudspeakers, electric aerial and so on.
Just ignore these.
Its anyones guess how long your clock internal battery will last!
John :)

Thanks very much!

I may not put it in now as I don't want to take it out ever again after its put in!!!

You won't have to touch it for years, normally, so I wouldn't worry about that..

I would put a new fresh battery into the unit and it will probably keep running for years.

The battery will only be supplying a minute current to supply the actual counter part of the chip. The power to supply the actual digits will be supplied from the vehicle battery.

Thanks chaps it's a bit complicated for me but I have found a car audio workshop who has quoted £15 and can case it up better I guess

Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
Back