Sky magic eye control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive recently switched my sky hd box as the old one was becoming sluggish even after a restore. The problem i have now is that the control of the box from a second tv is very sluggish to a point of not working, it works as normal on the main tv.
I have a magic eye on the second tv which worked great on the old box, all the settings and cable connections are good and have been double checked.
Is this a known problem with certain sky boxes?

Sponsored Links
It may be more susceptible to interference from energy-saver lamps, WiFi, computer or even the TV itself. Move it as far as possible from everything like that. Switch off lights, computers, Wi-Fi, etc.

It might also be more susceptible to interference coming through the RF cable so make sure the cable is all double-screened, any connected wall sockets are shielded and, in the "magic eye" room, the lights are off and the TV is unplugged and disconnected from the "magic eye"(for the purpose of testing).

Also try it with the main TV unplugged and disconnected and observe on the remote TV only.

Try to eliminate all possibilities.
Otherwise, the box is faulty.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks, ive just put the old digibox back in to check and it works fine on that one so will try your suggestions.

In addition, if you are using any form of splitter or amplifier in the "magic eye" circuit, remove it and test with only one "eye".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back