tip needed to replace door phone

Sponsored Links
Toggle switch in line with C7 call wire ? As a mute button

can you say in plain english please. i know what a toggle switch is, I think (like a light switch). but what is a C7 call wire? i guess the wire you see next to the phone handset.

Can a normal electrician do that?

Sponsored Links
thanks. how do i take the front off? pry it with a flathead screwdriver i guess.

Yes, the cover hooks on at the top and then snaps into catches at the bottom left and right.

The C7 call wire is the individual wire going to the C7 terminal inside the phone - if it's a 4+1 wiring system; it might not be which is why you need to check. If it is, you'd remove that wire, take it to a switch, then from the other teminal of the switch to the C7 terminal. When the switch is open the call buzzer will be disconnected.

If it's definately that one then see the pictures between pages 5 and 6 at
http://www.intercomsrus.com/handset...versal T-Line Intercom Handset Data Sheet.pdf

and move JPA6 from R to E (i.e. so that it shorts the centre pin and pin E instead of the centre pin and pin 3) that should give you a warble rather than a buzz.

If you want to turn it off completely then put a switch in series with the wire to terminal APP

JPA6 is a pin connector on the circuit board

View media item 84420
It will look similar to

rtc_jumper.jpg

You pull the little plug off the pins and reposition it.

Thanks for explaining.
Umm, since I took the plastic off and put it back, the entry button no longer works. Any ideas.

Thanks for explaining.
Umm, since I took the plastic off and put it back, the entry button no longer works. Any ideas.

- You dislodged the plastic bit that fits over the switch on the door opening button
- you dislodged the link wire between 6 and OP
- you dislodged the wire from the front door which goes into the other OP terminal

Thank you all so much so far. The entry button was out of alignment. I would not have been able to fix this 6 year long issue without you folks!

Now I changed a pin position.. might be the wrong one since the door bell is now silent.. here is a before and after picture, what I did:

Before:
View media item 84483

After:
View media item 84484

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back