U.K. is doing well in Europe

This could be a masterplan by the EU to get the con-dems back in power. Right now UKIP is making a hell of a lot of ground and threatening to quit the EU and it is a winning vote for any party so con-dems need to appease the voting public back towards them, step in EU .. come up with this figure that the UK has to pay, DC refuses and does not pay and the argument goes on until april ..getting the voters back onside .. win the election and then pay a agreed amount .... all perfect for con-dems and the EU.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Now there's an idea..... Cameron tells them The UK will pay you £1.7bn once the EU accounts are signed off. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I was going to post that yesterday, but cannot find any definitive evidence either way, as to the reliability of the claim.

According to most of the sources I could find, the accounts are always signed off. However, there is a split in story, regarding any disclaimers that the auditors made, when signing them off.
Some say that there is as little as 5% discrepancy, which is reasonable in books of this size and complexity.
Would an auditor "sign off" accounts that they find to be untrustworthy? I doubt it....

JBR";p= said:
It doesn't really matter so long as we eventually regain the country we once had.

Seems then our aims are similar even if we differ it the details.

Ultimately I tend to think that a payment will be paid , not the full £1.7 Billion first asked for but a lower " negotiated " sum. Cameron will come across as the premier who saved the country perhaps a billion pounds and the EU will come across as less of a intractable self serving organisation .

JBR";p= said:
It doesn't really matter so long as we eventually regain the country we once had.

Probably. But why do you distrust UKIP? They've been accused of being a pressure group rather than a legitimate political party, but have they not already improved things for us?

Sponsored Links
Distrust is perhaps the wrong word. There are certain elements of the party's doctrine that I agree with. Immigration for example , i tend to think the country is overpopulated and as such we have problems with food and fuel security so a policy of limitation can only be a good thing. The EU , there are benefits to being a part of it but it does need an overhaul. Here I like the Greens approach, pro Europe but a referendum promised if they can't obtain change. At the moment leaving does seem a sensible idea. On the other hand I'm not impressed with ukip's approach to the envoirment and the banks which I believe need reform and tighter regulation at least.
As I said somewhere else there's no such thing as the perfect party , one has to weigh up the pros and cons and make a decision based upon that.

Immigration for example , i tend to think the country is overpopulated and as such we have problems with food and fuel security so a policy of limitation can only be a good thing.

Good thing your green party wants to reduce immigration....

On no, sorry, they want to reduce immigration *controls*, hahaha......

Here I like the Greens approach, pro Europe but a referendum promised if they can't obtain change.

Is this the *real change* you talk about, copying conservative policies?

The EU , there are benefits to being a part of it but it does need an overhaul.

The only benefits I can see of remaining in the EU is that of being part of a free-trade organisation which, of course, it once was. I could never agree to their dictating political policies and rules to us, especially when they all seem to be detrimental to our wellbeing.
It seems that we contribute billions annually to the EU and receive a minuscule amount in refunds. What, exactly, do we get for our generous payments?

Typically, the untrustworthy Frogs are saying that 'all EU members must live by the rules'. What a surprise, when they are being rewarded for their inefficient economic policies and we are being punished for putting our finances in order!

Here I like the Greens approach, pro Europe but a referendum promised if they can't obtain change.

Exactly what the Tories are saying. The problem is that the all-powerful EU will not change for our benefit, so the only option is to leave before any further damage is done.

As I said no party is perfect and a lot of parties policies overlap , it's about making a balanced choice. Some things , as I have said , that come from ukip I can agree with but their policy on repealing the Climate Change act and other assaults in that area I can't agree with. Nor can I agree with their pledge to reduce banking regulation when in reality too loose a set of regulations we're implement all in the 2008/9 crash.
For what it's worth I do think that ukip will have more of a chance of power before the Greens so I can only hope my fears are ungrounded, but I'm not holding my breath.

With the blusterings of camoron you'd think he was actually going to something about the cash grab.

He'll be aware of course that another large swathe of voters have just decided to vote UKIP. :LOL:

I think it's a conspiracy to make Cameron look tough for the anti-EU brigade, trying to win votes from UKIP me thinks .. nothing like this would happen by chance, come on now ..

Yes, more than likely. Probably cooked it up with The EU. Something along the lines of - "Comrades, don't be surprised if I cut up a bit rough with you and make a fuss about paying you the extra £1.7bn. In a bit of a fix at the moment and need to look tough on Europe to scupper Farage and steal his thunder. Then when it all dies down, I'll slip you the manilla envelope under the table. Used twenties alright?"

JBR";p= said:

Ultimately I tend to think that a payment will be paid , not the full £1.7 Billion first asked for but a lower " negotiated " sum. Cameron will come across as the premier who saved the country perhaps a billion pounds and the EU will come across as less of a intractable self serving organisation .

Or he will pay by instalments... Will not mention interest tho' !
...The budget of the EU is financed wholly from own resources in order to ensure the orderly development of the Union's policies. There are three categories of own resources: "traditional own resources", the own resource based on value added tax (VAT) and the own resource based on gross national income (GNI). Other revenue sources include taxes paid by officials, fines imposed on firms by the Community and interest on late payments...

-0-

I think it's a conspiracy to make Cameron look tough for the anti-EU brigade, trying to win votes from UKIP me thinks .. nothing like this would happen by chance, come on now ..

Yes, more than likely. Probably cooked it up with The EU. Something along the lines of - "Comrades, don't be surprised if I cut up a bit rough with you and make a fuss about paying you the extra £1.7bn. In a bit of a fix at the moment and need to look tough on Europe to scupper Farage and steal his thunder. Then when it all dies down, I'll slip you the manilla envelope under the table. Used twenties alright?"

In this day and age I'm sure it's a possibility. I don't vote anymore, they keep sending me the envelope and it says ''your vote matters', and I think to myself if my vote mattered I wouldn't be allowed to vote. I mean let's be honest parliament doesn't really control the country they pander to the financial oligarchs of the World. It's all string pulling and back room deals and whoever is in power does it.

Blair is worth something close to one billion now by the way, look at all the damage and harm he caused the world. I think the Tories have done much better, I just think the entire system needs reform and we're not going to get that voting for either of the big 3, different arms of the same faction if you ask me, the working man always suffers. Ironically it took the Tories to raise the personal allowance, listening to Milliband and Balls honestly makes me angry

In this day and age I'm sure it's a possibility. I don't vote anymore, they keep sending me the envelope and it says ''your vote matters', and I think to myself if my vote mattered I wouldn't be allowed to vote. I mean let's be honest parliament doesn't really control the country they pander to the financial oligarchs of the World. It's all string pulling and back room deals and whoever is in power does it.

Blair is worth something close to one billion now by the way, look at all the damage and harm he caused the world. I think the Tories have done much better, I just think the entire system needs reform and we're not going to get that voting for either of the big 3, different arms of the same faction if you ask me, the working man always suffers. Ironically it took the Tories to raise the personal allowance, listening to Milliband and Balls honestly makes me angry

Some past governments and politicians were quite clumsy compared to the slick operations and spin doctors that exist today.

When a Labour aide advised using 9/11 as a 'good day to bury bad news', it makes you realise how clever politicians think they are these days, and how the quality of our leaders has never been lower. As for the Cameron/EU story - anything's possible.

Sponsored Links
Back