I thought that we were all equal?

Sponsored Links
How many of the "millions of Britons" b*****r off elsewhere, without a pot to p!ss in, knowing that they'll get a handout at the other end?
A lot used to.

When? Which other countries gave them handouts?

Did they get child benefit to send home too? Nah thought not.
Why won't people accept we are taken for mugs?? Is it not namby pamby lefty enuff to accept the obvious reality of some things.

I did have in mind the colonialists who claimed considerable benefits all over the world.

However:
Emigration in the fifties to Australia for a tenner.
Mass emigration to America from Ireland and Scotland.
They may not have received much but they were the cheap labour of the day.

Conversely, do you have any reliable figures to confirm that there are more immigrants here than other European countries and that emigrating Britons leave because they are running away rather than for work.

True facts about benefits rather than sensationalism.

Or have you all been reading the Daily Mail too much?

Sponsored Links
I did have in mind the colonialists who claimed considerable benefits all over the world.

However:

But all of these went there to work, not to claim benefits.

However:

And they were there legally, They didn't destroy their passports to avoid being sent home, or enter by clinging to the axle of a lorry.

They had skills that were in great demand. What use are illiterate Eritrean goat herders and Somali peasants to a modern, first world economy? They are just a drain on taxpayers.

Very disingenuous to use Italy as an example, as we all know that Italy is only a main entry point, and most migrants are just passing through.

Don't forget it's the responsibility of all the EU countries these asylum seekers pass through to offer them asylum. Seems to me that for years these asylum seekers have been encouraged to make their way to Calais and other channel ports (if the media are to be believed) . Makes you wonder if some Eritrean turns up in Rome asking about benefits and is told," Go to Paris and ask there." Then when he gets to Paris is told "Sacre bleu, mak your way to Calais, then get to Briton as fast as you can."

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR

However:

And they were there legally, They didn't destroy their passports to avoid being sent home, or enter by clinging to the axle of a lorry.

They had skills that were in great demand. What use are illiterate Eritrean goat herders and Somali peasants to a modern, first world economy? They are just a drain on taxpayers.

depends on your definition off legally
australia was owned by the aborigines any one else is an uninvited immigrant
the same with america it belongs to the native indians any one else is an immigrant

if you think australia and america are good examples then you should embrace the hard working immigrants coming in to the uk ;)

if you think australia and america are good examples then you should embrace the hard working immigrants coming in to the uk ;)

As asylum seekers are not allowed to work in this country, till their status is considered, and settled, they just can't be called "hard working" immigrants. What do you think they live on , whilst their status is being considered? Oh yeah,, fresh air. ;) ;)

As asylum seekers are not allowed to work in this country, till their status is considered, and settled, they just can't be called "hard working" immigrants. What do you think they live on , whilst their status is being considered? Oh yeah,, fresh air. ;) ;)

i know pretty much exactly how the asylum system works
they get basic accommodation often old barracks or closed prisons they get a small allowance off around £30 in vouchers as they are not allowed to work
they are very loosely controlled and many abscond saving the government money as the asylum appeal can take several years so someone in the hidden ecconomy can claim nothing from the system but will pay taxes everytime they go shopping

From the Mail, so it must be true.

Example of expats abroad and figures for those claiming benefit in Germany.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Germany-benefits-Europe-revealed.html[/QUOTE]

I envy your encyclopaedic knowledge of DM articles past - I don't read it myself.

But back to the original point, your linked article shows that the levels of "benefits" available are far from equal, in each country. Which is what I thought was one of the points of the EU?

So what the OP is saying, because the UK is Eldorado and Germany and France aren't pulling their weight they should give us £1.7b for hoovering up the flotsam for the rest of Europe.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
........... so someone in the hidden ecconomy can claim nothing from the system but will pay taxes everytime they go shopping

Someone resident here might not claim from the system, but they are drawing from it: security, infrastructure, safety, to name but three; all of these have to paid for somehow. Can they not get emergency healthcare, too?

Oh, and as paying a bit of VAT makes it all alright, perhaps I might withdraw from paying income tax, and do it that way instead?

yes they will get emergency health care but the dont want to come back on the radar so tend not to try

Sponsored Links
Back