TV Reception

Sponsored Links
I just can't imagine hanging something so important as the whole house's powered aerial system off something as flaky as a £20 STB or an LG TV when the proper PSU is less than a tenner.

In my experience, very few customers remember that their masthead amp relies on a PSU even when it's sat behind a TV somewhere. They think its a "booster". So expecting them to remember that the STB or TV is the thing making sure that the rest of the TVs in the house can actually receive a picture is a somewhat risky strategy, particularly given that TVs are often upgraded for bigger/thinner/more feature-packed models even if they haven't failed.

The correct easy method is to fit an F plug (yes, the screw on type, they're simple and work okay for this) and screw on an adaptor

Tempting, but...
1. More than doubles the cost.
2. Doubles the length and, therefore, the leverage.
(I've seen TV tuner sockets broken off by this.)
3. Not viable for many TVs set too close to the wall on a bracket.

The correct easy method is to fit an F plug (yes, the screw on type, they're simple and work okay for this) and screw on an adaptor

Tempting, but...
1. More than doubles the cost.

meh. It's still not expensive seeing as you need a grand total of 1 per TV.

2. Doubles the length and, therefore, the leverage.
(I've seen TV tuner sockets broken off by this.)
3. Not viable for many TVs set too close to the wall on a bracket.

A right angle adaptor will get you closer to a wall than the bend radius of a piece of WF100.

Sponsored Links
I've used right-angle TV plugs but I've never seen a right-angle F to TV adapter. And it's adding more expense.
;)

493555623_020.jpg

Now you have.

Do you actually have any comment other than 'a quid is too much to plug my TV in'?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back