Boiler service/check

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a 'set' price to be paying for a boiler to have an annual service?

Floor standing / Wall mounted
Should there be any difference for LPG/OIL/Natural gas.

Sponsored Links
We charge anything from £78 - to £112 +vat & parts - depending on what the boiler is from a wall hung heat only to a gas fire back boiler or a conensing oil combi !!

Why are you "fishing" ? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Natural or LP gas should be rightly the same. Oil a bit more.

it could be argued that LPG is on average dearer as it tends to be in the sticks. Also supply and demand. Also, generally, there is less work available, but an RGI has to pay extra.

Yes, even though we're independent, private sector operatives, in a free market economy, there's a set price to which we all have to adhere to. Same as prescriptions, passports and the DVLA............... ******* stupid question.

Yes, even though we're independent, private sector operatives, in a free market economy, there's a set price to which we all have to adhere to. Same as prescriptions, passports and the DVLA............... ******* stupid question.

Damn and I always thought you charged what you could get away with :LOL: :LOL:

Is there a good reason why London would be say twice as much as Colchester, or the North would be considerably cheaper than the south.

It all comes down to that horrid question that no home owner is comfortable asking:

"How much profit margin is acceptable?"

Either a percentage of cash figure...

In my experience no profit margin is acceptable to the homewner and most think we should just earn a wage, which would mean all business over heads would come out of our wages which would mean most of us would earn about £15000 before tax and after expenses \overheads which would basically make it a minimum wage job :rolleyes:

The other one I love is the "how much for cash," I normally say if you want a cash job you don't get the benefit of any guarantees or my insurance, its fun seeing their faces drop. Of course they want all those benefits of a legit business but do not want tompay for it just want to pay less by giving cash, never mind that they are asking you to break the law :rolleyes:

"Cash" jobs carry a 25% surcharge for money laundering expenses and general ball ache.

"What is your best price my friend" is another classic one that has me running for the hills.

We charge anything from £78 - to £112 +vat & parts - depending on what the boiler is from a wall hung heat only to a gas fire back boiler or a conensing oil combi !!

Why are you "fishing" ? :confused:
NOT FISHING.
I asked a question & got some answers thanks for those.
I received a letter from 'Calor' OFFERING 20%, I was wondering 20% from ?.

For interest its Floor standing LPG, rural location, although in my mind to a local plumber that makes road travel easier, even if longer, & off course being rural no parking issues.

Increased fuel costs.
Increased vehicle wear and tear.
Increased journey times between jobs.
Increased likelihood of communications not working due to poor mobile reception (makes running a business harder).

Just because YOU think it is nicer, doesn't make it so ;).

Diyisfun";p="3234582 said:
For interest its Floor standing LPG, rural location, although in my mind to a local plumber that makes road travel easier, even if longer, & off course being rural no parking issues.

Compared to a major city maybe, but otherwise a rural location can be a ball ache. Try finding "Pine Trees" on a dark afternoon. If parts or a revisit is required, then the mileage and travel time is repeated.

Why not just phone a couple of relatively close RGI's an ask? The gas safe site has a "find a RGI" section where you specify your requirements

Cowboy plumbers in the big sticks are more likely to have an LPG ticket than the city dwellers.

And Dan We get very good Mobile reception on the ranch, and clean air to boot :LOL: :LOL:

I charge a somewhat variable price depending on several factors:-

Conventional burner wall mounted

Conventional burner floor mounted

Premix boiler

Back boiler

Serviced it previous year

Easy access with parking

Summer time

Winter time extra!

So the cheapest becomes a summer service of a conventional burner boiler that I had serviced the year before at about £45.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back