OUTLOOK EXPRESS - UNABLE TO OPEN NEW SUBFOLDER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently bought a new Dell Laptop and using Outlook Express 6 for email.
All was fine and dandy until one day I went to create a sub folder in my inbox. I already had 7 sub folder under my in box for various email types.

I tried clicking on file, new, folder ? Nothing happened ????

Then tried...............

Right click on your inbox and select new folder ? Nothing happened ????

I deleted my email account, closed outlook express down and started it up again. Went into Tools, Accounts, New Mail Account. Created a new mail account using exactly the same details. Incoming / Outgoing messages work fine.

Tried both ways to create a new folder under my inbox .............

AND THEY BOTH WORKED FINE !! HOW BIZAAR..............

However, the next day I am back to the same old problem of not being able to create a new sub folder under my inbox ??? HOW ANNOYING !!

Apart from deleting my profile and starting again from scratch, understanding that if I delete my email account and start again it works !!! Why would it simply not work after a period of time ???

PLEASE HELP ! :cry:

Sponsored Links
If you can get hold of another copy of Outlook and re-install it if it came as part of your computer when you bought it.

If however you loaded in yourself, re-install from that disc again, if loaded as part of Microsoft office there is an option on the cd to repair any errors.

Don't know if you can do this in Outlook Express as I use Outlook, but try and create a personal folders file ..File > New > Outlook data file ...and then you can create as many subfolders as you wish. Then just organise your emails as you would normally by dragging and dropping etc..

Or

Go to www.microsoft.com/downloads and download the latest version of Internet Explorer 6 SP1, this includes an updated version of Outlook Express.

Hope this helps :D

Sponsored Links
Sorry mis-read, thought it was Outlook. :oops: .. You cannot do this with Express.

Davy007 said:
Recently bought a new Dell Laptop and using Outlook Express 6 for email.
All was fine and dandy until one day I went to create a sub folder in my inbox. I already had 7 sub folder under my in box for various email types.

I tried clicking on file, new, folder ? Nothing happened ????

Then tried...............

Right click on your inbox and select new folder ? Nothing happened ????

I deleted my email account, closed outlook express down and started it up again. Went into Tools, Accounts, New Mail Account. Created a new mail account using exactly the same details. Incoming / Outgoing messages work fine.

Tried both ways to create a new folder under my inbox .............

AND THEY BOTH WORKED FINE !! HOW BIZAAR..............

However, the next day I am back to the same old problem of not being able to create a new sub folder under my inbox ??? HOW ANNOYING !!

Apart from deleting my profile and starting again from scratch, understanding that if I delete my email account and start again it works !!! Why would it simply not work after a period of time ???

PLEASE HELP ! :cry:

Try this and it's free: incredimail.com

Back