Shower issue if changing to combi boiler?

NHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, posted quite a few topics recently as i am in the process of getting a new boiler installed and fitted.

Had the guy come around to do the survey today and he mentioned that if i was to move to a combi system from a conventional system then i could possibly have an issue with my shower, he said that the water when it comes out of the shower might just go from hot/cold every few seconds instead of coming out all the same temperature.

i dont even know what shower i have as there isnt a brand name or mode anywhere on the shower itself, he did mention that i could possibly get some kind of filter from the manufacturer which could make it work properly after the combi goes in, but was just wondering if this is a common issue?

Sponsored Links
We need to know more about the shower and how it is fed.

I recently fitted an oil combi [he had already bought it] for a chap who had 3 showers. 1 was electric but two were Mira pumped mixer showers fed from the hot water cylinder.

I fitted the combi and fed the kitchen and utility with combi hot water and maintained the cylinder that fed the two showers and bathrooms. the combi heated existing Y plan as if it was just a heating system. Additional single channel time clock to control when the combi heated hot water.

A bit complicated but it worked!

I suspect he means if someone else uses a hot or cold tap or maybe flushes the loo, it can cause fluctuations in water pressure so a change in flow rate and is certain situations temperature fluctuations while the shower is in use.
If your mixer is thermostatic it should cope, if not get it changed at the same time.

Sponsored Links

hi guys sorry i should've put the picture up earlier to make things more simple.

yeah he didnt mention about if another outlet was using water then it would affect the shower, he said that as soon as the combi was installed then there could be this issue (switching between hot and cold constantly).

to be honest i dont even know what type of shower i have but i do know that i was actually considering getting it changed either way but now i guess i will need to find out what will actually work best with my boiler? Looking to get an Atag A325ECX Combi

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back