PULL CORDS IN BEDROOM - WHY?

Curious children are one thing, but if an adult dismantles an electrical item whilst it's powered, he would be a tool, wouldn't he?

Well, funnily enough, I did nearly add "and in this case, it seems that it was opened by a tool" to my post but on reflection I thought that I didn't know peterseventy well enough to get away with suck a quip.

Feel free, I thought your comment was funny. But am glad to have been spared for another 70+ years experimenting.

Sponsored Links
I've always wondered what the reason behind it was! :D
Good isnt it! Well, until you want to see anything on the other side of the room.

I have seen pull cords on the wall where the bed would be a lot in older houses, but in conjunction with switch on the wall by the door.

Daniel

You're saying you have just a pull cord in the room, along the middle of a wall (perhaps where the bed would be)?

Have you looked behind the door???

When doors get re-hung the modern, non privacy way, the switch often gets left where it is. :idea:

Sponsored Links
It's a long shot, but I'm guessing he's not been there long as he would have done something about it.

Thought I should mention it anyway.

Can't think why else you wouldn't have a switch by the door.

Another remote possibility is the wall switch may have been plastered over for some bizarre reason.

Pre cast concreate walls ? There is an estate near me built in the 40's with concreate walls , skirting , floor joists, and all the bedroom lights are via pull cords ....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back