Baxi Bermuda heating, future options..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got the Baxi Bermuda VP fire serviced a 2 months ago, which started to loose the flame and make putting noises.

The gas fitter is a neighbour, who I called back in to sort it out.
He told me that the injectors were coked up and cleared them with a sowing needle and re-fitted the same injectors. He also said that I should get a new fire because of this.. sucking air through his teeth again and shaking his head.

Is he being honest or is he just pushing to get more work from me?
The fire and boiler are 20 odd years old.

He's already sucking air through his teeth with the Baxi Bermuda 552 boiler and heat exchanger.

Is the fire and boiler independent of each other? i.e can I get another fire fitted and keep the boiler?

I have had estimates but prefer keeping the old system as long as I can, as the house isnt conveniently laid out to accomodate a combi. plus im skint :(

Sponsored Links
You don't have to have a combi.

In fact a new heat only boiler will be cheaper and save about 30% on your gas bill.

Tony

You don't have to have a combi.

In fact a new heat only boiler will be cheaper and save about 30% on your gas bill.

Tony

True you don't have a combi, but how can you say a heat only WILL be cheaper. You have no idea of the infra structure attached to the ancient boiler.

OP. Parts are still generally available for this appliance but you cannot buy a new fire that is compatible, although Ebay may have 2nd hand one.

You cannot run the boiler without a compatible fire in front

The most common fault with the fire is burner splits. Did your engineer check for those? A new burner is about £60, plus fitting. Easy job

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back