All aboard the Poo bus

Sponsored Links
a tank of methene gas from a sewage plant runs the bus but the headline makes it look like the driver would be looking at the fuel gauge and asking if any passengers need a cr*p!

Or that the seats have been replaced by toilets. If so, perhaps it could keep running indefinitely without needing to stop for 'refuelling'!

One thing about the pictures, however, is that I would advise the people featured to pull up their tops to avoid s****ing on them!

Sounds like a great idea, I look forward to the day, when we don't pump any sewage out to sea, but instead recycle it. After all, it's a valuable commodity!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a great idea, I look forward to the day, when we don't pump any sewage out to sea, but instead recycle it. After all, it's a valuable commodity!

We don't pump sewage out to sea. We pump treated sewage to rivers/esturies and sea.

Many large sewage works throughout the UK now have AD plants which generate methane. People are often suprised by how much is actually produced, although there isn't enough potential to power the whole country, there is more we could do with many waste streams, not just sewage.

The treated water is now cleaner than ever, to the extent that I've seen one operator actually drink the effluent.

Edit: AD = Anaerobic Digestion

The problem with sewage is much like the problem with rubbish. Theres stuff in there of potential value but it's also heavilly contaminated.

With rubbish they took the strategy of bullying/shaming people into seperating out the stuff they wanted to recycle at source but I would think that would be even less practical for sewage than for rubbish.

Heck there are many places in the UK that still mix sewage with storm water.

We don't pump sewage out to sea.
AIUI they have been working to reduce the ammount of untreated sewage pumped into rivers and the sea but it still happens.

I remember watching in slight disbelief when a truck came to pick up the glass in the recycling bins, you know, the ones where you separate green, clear and brown glass? well this truck just emptied all the glass into the same container :rolleyes:

If I keep my poo completely uncontaminated, how much do you think I could get for it?

I remember watching in slight disbelief when a truck came to pick up the glass in the recycling bins, you know, the ones where you separate green, clear and brown glass? well this truck just emptied all the glass into the same container :rolleyes:

Nothing is too much trouble for "them" when it's done by other us. It's all part of the system where nothing costs too much when it's not actually being paid for by "them" either of course.
Local councils seem to be experts in confiscating money from taxpayers pockets, and extracting £1 of actual value for every £10 collected. :(

On a lighter note, why isn't the poo bus painted brown? :)

Last time I went on a bus I swear it was running on urine by the smell of the seats!

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
One problem is that the specifications for what does and doesn't need to be seperated will depend on the buyer, one buyer may say "I want glass of colour X only". Another may say "I want glass, I don't care about the colour".

If I keep my poo completely uncontaminated, how much do you think I could get for it?

Sh*t all, I'd imagine.

I'm not so sure. As the old adage goes - 'where there's muck, there's brass'.

Sponsored Links
Back