Gas meter box regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it dangerous or against regulations for a meter box door to be left open?
Next doors is broken and bangs against my wall when windy waking us up, I've fixed it a few times now but they know it's annoying us so undo my work.

Sponsored Links
Plenty of meter boxes around with lids hanging off or non-existent.

Sponsored Links
Who ARE 'they'?

Let's at least use the Queen's English. In this context, 'they' are 'next door'. You only have to read the post to elicit that information.

If it is your neighbour is removing your "fix" then its effectively his meter box and he is entitled to do that.

But it sounds as if he just wants to annoy you. Why does he want to do that? Are you a "difficult" neighbour?

How about just breaking it off and chucking it away?

Is he owning the property on just a tenant?

Tony

They're tenants, Kids at that, pot heads, I've spoke to the landlord who says it's in the hands of letting company.(bullsh*t)...
I don't want to rip the door off as it would be unsightly & escalate the issue.
I'm trying to do this the right way so if it is breaching regs great, I could start with that.

Plenty of meter boxes around with lids hanging off or non-existent.
But what would you do if your neibours was banging in the wind through the night waking your kids & yourself?
Again I don't want to damage it anymore, I'm happy to fix it & make it safe.

Well even if you bought a new box at about £45 and could fit it then they might just break it again!"

That's what happens when you live next to tenants on benefits!

Worse they could be there on a three year agreement!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back