Adapting metalwork on wall light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are struggling to find wall lights which we like, which closely match our light fitting bought from JL 9 years ago.

We have found these

4316-1-ac.jpg

but we don't like the fancy metal pieces on top. Anyone know how we might go about removing them?

EDIT: Not sure why the image link isn't working.

Sponsored Links
5 sec with an angle grinder or a junior hacksaw to remove that top 'beak'....as its on top, you would hardly see where its been. Any sharp edge can be removed with a file.
You don't have to use that pull switch if you don't want to.
John :)

How about this
[irl]http://www.homelightingstoreuk.co.uk/endon-124-1ab-1-light-antique-brass-wall-light[/ Or this double one from B&Q ...mp-golf-ball-double-wall-light/174047_BQ.prd?

Sponsored Links
Thanks both- I did consider the hacksaw, but knowing my luck, I'd end up with a right mess!

EightyTwo - saw the endon one previously, but didn't like the petal glass- HOWEVER, it inspired me to look at the Endon webpage and I THINK (subject to Mrs' approval) that I've found "the one" a near perfect match.

Thanks

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back