Insulation of Portakabin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge or experience on the best/cheapest way to insulate a portakabin building which I use as my office. It's 30ft x 8ft and is ridiculously cold in there. It's a fairly old cabin, and has single glazed windows and as far as I know there is no insulation of the walls.

At the moment I have 2x 2kw heaters come on at 7am and stay on until 5:00. These alone don't heat the cabin as much as is required, so we also use a 2kw convector heater. The total is within safe loading but my elec bill is rocketing.

I know there are various options available for a residential house such insulating sheets, foam, window film etc, but I'm unsure if any of these are suitable/effective for a portakabin. Or if there's a better I hadn't considered.

Any info any can offer would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
David

Sponsored Links
Is the portakabin directly in contact with soil? If so the metal will always be cold, first suggestion would be to remedy this possible issue first.
Then you need to specify your budget and finish you wanted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back