Bosch Classixx Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My dishwasher has now been re-installed after moving house but it will not fill. javascript:emoticon(':(')
I think the pump is running ( you can hear it ) but no water enters the machine. The water supply to the machine is OK , so has anyone a suggestion as to what might be wrong?
If anyone has a manual for this machine I would be grateful for a copy or, info as to where I can get my own copy.
Fingers crossed that someone can help.javascript:emoticon(':?:')
Cheers
Gresh

Sponsored Links
Check in the base under the machine as when you moved it water may have spilled in there.

This will operate the flood protection 'the drain pump will run but no water will enter'

Alternatively I have found when installing Bosch dishwashers that I sometimes have to fill them by hand then switch them on (1 litre is usually enough but I normally put enough in to fill the drain sump area)

If the pump runs with machine empty then the sump switch is proabably being triggered by sludge in that area , give it a good clean .It will not take on water until it has finished empty cycle.

Hi,
Thanks to both of you for your assistance.
To bring you up to speed with my activities.
I removed the lid and left hand panel.
The sump pan of the machine was filled with water and was lifting the styrene float thereby activating the micro switch controlling the evac pump for the flood control. There was about a half inch of water.
I noted that the water being pumped only reached partway up the matrix and didn't go over the loop to run to the waste pipe. I tried to add more water to the sump to see if this improved, it didn't, the water just ran onto the floor.
Next I emptied the machine by tipping it over and the styrene float sat back on the base of the machine and the pump stopped. However there was no influx of water.
I noticed that the water matrix was not seating into the rubber O Rings on the unit below it properly, so I removed the matrix, adjusted the O Rings and replaced the unit.
I looked at the red float for the flood control and noted there was some dirt in its cylinder.
I removed the unit and cleaned out the cylinder, checking the float was free to move and able to lift for the lever to hit the micro switch. eveything seemed OK.
I switched on the machine and nothing happened. There was no water ingress at all.
I tried priming the machine with water as suggested but it just flowed into the sump of the machine and the flood pump activated again. I tipped out the water again.
Next I wondered if there was a problem on the inlet pressure switch, so I disconnected the blue water pipe, switched on the power and no water came out of the pipe - the pressure switch was obviously closed. ( either by a fault or not being energised to open)
I next connected a water supply hose directly to the matrix. The water flowed in and the machine seemed to want to run a cycle. So I stopped as I believed it was going to work.
I now replaced the blue hose properly, made all due connections and hoped everything would run as it should. I switched the machine on and still no water entered the machine.
I have now run out of ideas, so can you kindly suggest anything less than taking a 7lb hammer to the thing?
In hope and thanks for your prompt help to date.
Gresh

Sponsored Links
Have you found the leak that was causing the water to collect in the base/run over the floor.

A weak point on Bosch dishwashers is the rubber seal between the circulation pump and the sump itself.

The leak needs to be fixed before the machine will run.

make sure the 3 pipes are clear that will stop water going in

remove lid 2 lugs on the rear ,then 2 screws on each side of door edge .2 more screws down the bottom front . both side panel lifts of to reveal the chamber and circulation pump on each side .to remove the tub to do heater and circ pump well thats a diff story . ;)

Hi Leccy,

How do I get to the circulation pump/sump to check the seal please?

Cheers
G

Hi Rocks,

I'll check the 3 pipes are clear too - think they were but I'll double check.

G

Have you checked the inlet valve coil for continuity?or does it have the impellor fill device,ENR would help.This wouldn't explain the leak but it should fill once the water is drained from the base.

Does this machine have a normal drain pump? if so where is it?
Mine doesn't drain out but am a bit lost as to where the drain pump is.

Cheers

remove the filters and you will see a torx screw in the filter base remove that and lift l shaped plasitic, impeller is blocked with food .pump is under the base .

Hi
Impeller is free I will just have to try and run the pump by connecting it directly to check it works. I did see the waste pipe pulsing so sounds like its trying to.
Off on hols tomorrow so will have to wait.
thanks for the prompt reply.

Cheers

Have read your post and can see no mention of cleaning the sump area , the circular grill there contains a sensor behind which triggers the sump pump to empty but if grimy the sensor is fooled and will continue to pump and prevent water being taken in.Can be cleaned with an old tooth brush and a little wash up liquid.

I've got a Bosch Classix too and it's leaking on draining but it's not the hose. The water spurts up from the outlet/hose join and that after buying all the Bosch hoses, clips and black rubber joining hose bit.

Any ideas??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back