Gas installers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you install gas boilers?? Well you need a lesson on waste pipes & drains!!
Follow the MIs, simple enough, if you had any form of formal education you can read can't you??

Get it into your thick skull, drains & waste pipes need air, air behind water.
Over the last week or so I've been on jobs where condensate pipes are terminated with the brains of a 3 year old; double traps, pipes running uphill, pipes going nowhere......etc, etc,etc.

Air needs to be involved & traps are traps, follow the boiler manufactures installation instruction doh!! They're not all the same!! Condensate pipes need a gradiant & should be terminated where there's air.

Your ACS are just a simple course, you're not intelligent, just a wrench monkey.

Sponsored Links
Can't really disagree with any of that, there's not many installers round here remotely competent....ACS not fit for purpose :)

Do you post on the forum? You may need a lesson in decorum and etiquette!

Follow the MIs, simple enough, if you had any form of formal education you can read can't you??

Follow grammatic rules, it’s easy, one punctuation mark is all that is necessary, you must have learned that with a formal education.

Use your intellect and realise berating someone can simply turn them against you, more flies are caught with honey than vinegar.

Over the last week or so I've been on jobs where condensate pipes are terminated with the brains of a 3 year old; double traps, pipes running uphill, pipes going nowhere......etc, etc,etc.

Recently I’ve read posts that are the simply rants, well intentioned but probably ineffective in all but relieving the posters own frustrations and not much else. To a three year old brain a condensate drain will run uphill (it does actually doesn’t it? The direction of the condensate flow is the important bit) a pipe cannot go nowhere and if one was actually terminated with the brains of a three year old nothing would get past the blockage.

Air needs to be involved & traps are traps, follow the boiler manufactures installation instruction doh!! They're not all the same!! Condensate pipes need a gradient & should be terminated where there's air.

Thought needs to be involved; words are words and inaccurate usage misleads and confuses the reader particularly in English is their second language, in addition to antagonizing him or her against the poster.

Your ACS are just a simple course, you're not intelligent, just a wrench monkey.

Your qualifications may be immaculate and on-site experience far reaching and broad but you’re simply a plumber dealing with human beings at the end of the day.

I couldn't resist paraphrasing your post, it's just a bit of fun but the guys who do the work you describe will not be reading the forum anyway, they'll be doing something, anything, not involving work or further education, it's just the way it is.

Do you post on the forum? You may need a lesson in decorum and etiquette!

Follow grammatic rules, it’s easy, one punctuation mark is all that is necessary, you must have learned that with a formal education.

Use your intellect and realise berating someone can simply turn them against you, more flies are caught with honey than vinegar.

Recently I’ve read posts that are the simply rants, well intentioned but probably ineffective in all but relieving the posters own frustrations and not much else. To a three year old brain a condensate drain will run uphill (it does actually doesn’t it? The direction of the condensate flow is the important bit) a pipe cannot go nowhere and if one was actually terminated with the brains of a three year old nothing would get past the blockage.

Air needs to be involved & traps are traps, follow the boiler manufactures installation instruction doh!! They're not all the same!! Condensate pipes need a gradient & should be terminated where there's air.

Thought needs to be involved; words are words and inaccurate usage misleads and confuses the reader particularly in English is their second language, in addition to antagonizing him or her against the poster.

Your qualifications may be immaculate and on-site experience far reaching and broad but you’re simply a plumber dealing with human beings at the end of the day.

I couldn't resist paraphrasing your post, it's just a bit of fun but the guys who do the work you describe will not be reading the forum anyway, they'll be doing something, anything, not involving work or further education, it's just the way it is.

Aye very good & your point is??!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
There is no point to it. I read some of your posts and understand your frustrations as I see similar as well. I think I must not care as much about things as you do.

There were atrocious jobs installed when I started in the early 70's and nothing has changed; I'm inured to the rubbish now but still feel good when I come across a job done by someone who was at the top of their game. Something about an install done just right stands out a mile and gives a warm feeling.

Hey dickie looking forward to more of your incompetent ramblings in the CC. :LOL:

Remember the last time you posted under another username? , haven't heard from you since. :LOL: incompetent you certainly are. ;)

I don't think you are going to see any in the CC, Adam.

Looked at the Screwfix forum yesterday and could not see him there either!

Hey dickie looking forward to more of your incompetent ramblings in the CC. :LOL:

Remember the last time you posted under another username? , haven't heard from you since. :LOL: incompetent you certainly are. ;)

But I have a life ban from the combustion chamber pot steelfreemason dear boy, as with Screwflux.
Pass on my regards to your long suffering good lady wife, I hope the thrush has cleared up???

Poor ole Dickie out there in the wilderness with the same old Wifey thrush jokes :p

Its a shame you let them beat you Dick, I enjoyed your ramblings

I do hope the Wifes thrush heals up, perhaps a touch of emmolient might help ?

Poor ole Dickie out there in the wilderness with the same old Wifey thrush jokes :p

Its a shame you let them beat you Dick, I enjoyed your ramblings

I do hope the Wifes thrush heals up, perhaps a touch of emmolient might help ?

Thanks for your kind words slapped, oh I may have lost a few battles but my war on course Cowboys will never end.

It's refreshing to note; gas engineers here in Scotland are earning about 20-30% less than site Plumbers, with all the CCs & CCCs doing their ACS, there's little or no demand for gas engineers.......😀😀😃

Condensate pipes need a gradiant & should be terminated where there's air.

They don`t apart from when immediately leaving the boiler and no air involved when terminating into a soakaway. That would be below ground Richard, in case you have never fitted a boiler.

follow the boiler manufactures installation instruction doh!! They're not all the same!!

Condensate termination is always the same on most combi`s that I have fitted. In case you have never fitted a boiler.

Condensate pipes need a gradiant & should be terminated where there's air.

They don`t apart from when immediately leaving the boiler and no air involved when terminating into a soakaway. That would be below ground Richard, in case you have never fitted a boiler.

follow the boiler manufactures installation instruction doh!! They're not all the same!!

Condensate termination is always the same on most combi`s that I have fitted. In case you have never fitted a boiler.

Here in God's country; all water waste pipes including condensate pipes should be fitted at a gradiant. As far as I understand, the same is true of the whole of the rest of the world!! Apart from in your head mate, amazing how YOU can defy gravity!! Do you wear your Y fronts outside your tights??

If you have a complete grasp & knowledge of every boiler fitted in the UK, please tell me; what's the difference with a condensate trap on the Ideal Logic range??

Another reason not to live in Scotland. ;)

That's a shame you have such a narrow minded view of Scotland, you may never experience a crisp cold Winters morning in Perthshire, with its stunning views & wonderful fresh air.
Not for you the wilderness of the Scottish Highlands, where there's vasts stretches of land with no human habitation for 100s of miles.
You'd not fancy a night at a dancing in any rural area of God's country, where you walk home happily drunk with your friends at 5 in the morning, tired from a wonderful night of fun, laughter & happiness.
You'll miss out on spending a Saturday night in a Glasgow Pub among some of the most friendlyest people in the world.
What about traveling the Islands of the west coast, taking in the views while enjoying some of the best seafood in the world, you don't fancy that either??
With a tour of the many distilleries, sampling their produce & smelling that wonderful aroma, that'll not be on the agenda either, Eh??
The list is endless!!

That's a shame, we'd love to have you visit.

Did you really just use "Glasgow" and "friendliest people" in the same sentence?

I agree on the part of being out in the hills miles away from civilisation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back