Can I use 10mm for the last 1m to the rad. Solved thanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I am adding another rad to my system. It goes 22mm to very near the point but I wondered if I could use 10mm for the last meter or so as I need to drill through a 2 foot stone wall and 10mm is definately easier.
Thanks
thyristor44

Sponsored Links
If you are going to put any size pipe through a stone wall 2 foot thick, I would recommend you sleeve it, first.

I will sleeve it as its loose fill with stone bits, have had problems before with bits falling and blocking the hole and had to fill hole with expanding foam and drill that.

I would say 10mm backed up with 22mm should be fine plenty of rads on micro bore work fine as long as the system is clean.

Neat idea with the foam by the way ;)

Sponsored Links
I might as well push my luck, 22mm is on a 35 foot run from boiler so would I get away with an 8 foot run of 10mm to the rad from the 22mm. There is a 3 inch step in the floor which I will have to follow and 10mm will easily bend.

As long as the 10mm is tee'd into the 22mm, and only supplys the one rad then yea, should be fine, its when you have 10mm split to supply more than one when things get messy.

What size is the rad? as long as its not massive it wont be a problem

It is supplying only one rad and that is not very big so I will give it a go at 10mm.
Thanks for all your helps mates, it makes things alot easier.
All the best.
thyristor44

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back